How do I access a view template in Revit?
To access view template properties, click View tab Graphics panel View Templates drop-down Manage View Templates.
What are Revit view templates?
A view template is a collection of view properties, such as view scale, discipline, detail level, and visibility settings. Use view templates to apply standard settings to views. View templates can help to ensure adherence to office standards and achieve consistency across construction document sets.
Can you save a view template in Revit?
See Graphic Display Options. Click Save as View Template. In the New View Template dialog, enter a name for the template, and click OK.
How do I manage a view template in Revit?
- Click View tab Graphics panel View Templates drop-down Manage View Templates.
- In the View Templates dialog, under View Templates, use the Discipline filter and the View type filter to limit the list of view templates. …
- In the Names list, select the view template to use as a starting point for the new template.
Where are Revit templates?
The default location for templates will be within the path C:ProgramDataAutodeskRVT ####Templates. If the desired path does not exist, it can be set up in Windows explorer. If using a custom Revit. ini file, review the stored settings.
How do I use a Revit template?
- Open the Revit project file (RVT). …
- Save As a template file (.rte)
- Remove items from the template that will not be re-used on all/most new projects.
- Place in your designated template directory.
- Set Starting view.
- In Revit Options>File Locations>Project template files, promote new template to the top if desired.
Can I copy a view template to another project Revit?
Open both the source and target projects. In the target project, click Manage tab Settings panel (Transfer Project Standards). In the Select Items to Copy dialog, select the source project for Copy from. Select the desired project standards.
What is the use of templates in Revit?
Use the default templates, or define custom templates to enforce office standards. A project template provides a starting point for a new project, including view templates, loaded families, defined settings (such as units, fill patterns, line styles, line weights, view scales, and more), and geometry, if desired.