How do you make an irregular shaped viewport in Autocad?
Just use a polyline, make your irregular shape, make sure the pline is closed and invoke MV (mview) command, select Object from the command line and select your irregular shape.
How do I change the view port?
To edit a design layer displayed in a viewport:
- Select the viewport.
- Select Modify > Edit Viewport. …
- Click Design Layer and select the design layer to edit from the list.
- Choose how the design layer will display. …
- If the viewport has been cropped, select Add Reference Crop Object to display the crop on the design layer.
How do I resize a viewport in Autocad?
To Resize a Scale Area or Viewport
- Click the viewport or scale area border. Grips appear.
- Drag any grip to resize the viewport or scale area.
How do you make an irregular shaped viewport?
To Create a Nonrectangular Layout Viewport
- If necessary, click a layout tab.
- Set the current layer to a layer that’s reserved for layout viewports (recommended). The border visibility of layout viewports is controlled by layer visibility.
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Rectangular, Polygonal, or Object.
- Follow the prompts.
How do I turn on the viewport frame in AutoCAD?
Go to the layout tab that contains the problem viewport. From the Properties palette, select the Quick Select button on the top right. On the Quick Select dialog box, set the Object type to Viewport and click OK.
How do I change the viewport shape?
You can make changes to the viewport, the clipping boundary, or both.
Redefine a layout viewport boundary
- Click a layout tab.
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Clip. …
- Select either an existing object to designate as the new viewport boundary, or specify the points of a new boundary. …
- Click OK.
How do I manage viewports in AutoCAD?
- If necessary, click a layout tab.
- Set the current layer to a layer that’s reserved for layout viewports (recommended). …
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Insert View.
- Do one of the following: …
- Right click to display a list of scales and click one of them.
- Click to place the layout viewport on the layout.
How do you hide a viewport in AutoCAD?
- Switch to the layout that contains the viewport border that you do not want plotted.
- On the Object Properties toolbar, click the Layers toolbar button.
- In the Layers dialog box, click New.
- Name the new layer.
- Click the Freeze Layer icon for the new layer. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
How do I resize a viewport?
- Click the frame of the main viewport once to select it.
- Drag the blue squares to resize the viewport.
- Click again to set the new size. …
- To move an adjacent arrows after you resize the viewport, click the arrow once to select it.
How do I increase my viewport size?
Drag one of the light gray handles on the viewport border.
- Press Shift while dragging to maintain the original aspect ratio.
- If you don’t see the handles, toggle them by selecting View > Responsive > Viewport resize handles in the top menu.
How do I resize a layout in AutoCAD?
- Click the layout tab for which you want to set the paper size.
- Click Output tab Plot panel Page Setup Manager. …
- In the Page Setup Manager, Page Setups area, select the page setup that you want to modify.
- Click Modify.
- In the Page Setup dialog box, under Paper Size, select a paper size from the list.
How do you make a viewport?
- Click View tab Viewports panel New.
- In the Viewports dialog box, New Viewports tab, under Standard Viewports, select Single.
- Click to specify one corner of the new layout viewport.
- Click to specify the opposite corner. A new layout viewport object is available and displays a default view.
How do I turn a polyline into a viewport?
Make sure the polyline that you want to convert is closed. On the Layouts tab, click ‘Clip’ in the viewport panel, select the rectangular viewport, then click the polyline to convert.