How do I change the shape of a viewport in AutoCAD?
You can also select the viewport, right click, select ‘Viewport Clip’ (runs VPclip), then choose Polygonal and draw in the new shape of the viewport.
How do you turn a viewport into a shape?
- If necessary, click a layout tab.
- Set the current layer to a layer that’s reserved for layout viewports (recommended). The border visibility of layout viewports is controlled by layer visibility.
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Rectangular, Polygonal, or Object.
- Follow the prompts.
How do you make an irregular shaped viewport in AutoCAD?
Just use a polyline, make your irregular shape, make sure the pline is closed and invoke MV (mview) command, select Object from the command line and select your irregular shape.
How do I fix the viewport in AutoCAD?
How to Lock the Viewport in AutoCAD 2014
- Verify that you’re in paper space. (Check the UCS icon or move the crosshairs.)
- Select the boundary of the viewport whose arrangement you want to protect. …
- Click the Lock/Unlock Viewport button to lock the viewport scale.
How do I change the viewport size?
To Modify the Scale of a Layout Viewport
- Select the layout viewport that you want to modify.
- Right-click, and then choose Properties.
- If necessary, click Display Locked and choose No.
- In the Properties palette, select Standard Scale, and then select a new scale from the list. The scale you choose is applied to the viewport.
How do you unlock a viewport in Autocad?
- In layout view select the boundary of one Viewport.
- Click the customization button at the bottom right of the screen.
- Enable the viewport lock from the drop-up list.
How do I turn a polyline into a viewport?
Make sure the polyline that you want to convert is closed. On the Layouts tab, click ‘Clip’ in the viewport panel, select the rectangular viewport, then click the polyline to convert.
How do you make a viewport not rectangular?
Creating non-rectangular viewport
- Switch to layout space, and draw a circle near the default viewport.
- Type “-vports” and press Enter. There would be the following prompts in the CAD command line: …
- Type O, press Enter, then select object to clip viewport.
- Select the circle and see that happens, as shown in the following picture,
How do you edit a viewport?
To edit a design layer displayed in a viewport:
- Select the viewport.
- Select Modify > Edit Viewport. …
- Click Design Layer and select the design layer to edit from the list.
- Choose how the design layer will display. …
- If the viewport has been cropped, select Add Reference Crop Object to display the crop on the design layer.
Can’t select a viewport in AutoCAD?
Make sure the layer has not been turned off or frozen:
- In the Layer Properties Manager, make sure the layer that contains the viewport geometry is not turned off or frozen.
- Go to the layout tab that contains the problem viewport.
- From the Properties palette, select the Quick Select button on the top right.
How do you unfreeze a viewport layer?
Double-click within a layout viewport to make it current. Click Home tab Layer panel Layer Properties. In the Layer Properties Manager, select the layers to freeze or thaw.
How do you unlock a DWG file?
If you need to select or move the file, you can unlock it. Click an empty space on the diagram to deselect anything that may already be selected. Right-click, and then click CAD Drawing Object > Properties. Click to deselect the Lock size and position and Lock against deletion checkboxes.