How do you use void form?
To create a void form, use the pull down-menu on the Void Forms button, and then select the type of void form to create. Once the void form is created, if it intersects an existing solid, the portion of the void that intersects the solid will be removed from the solid form.
How do you use void extrusion in Revit?
Click in the drawing area, and draw a closed loop that intersects solid geometry. Select the closed loop. Click Modify | Lines tab Form panel Create Form drop-down (Void Form). A void form extrusion is created.
How do you void a wall in Revit?
- Edit the in place wall.
- Create a new void extrusion that will define the opening.
- Use the “Cut” tool and select the void geometry.
- Finish the solid edition.
How do you create a void sweep in Revit?
To create a void sweep, click Void Forms drop-down (Void Sweep).
- Click Modify | Sweep tab Sweep panel, and select a profile from the Profile list. …
- On the Options Bar, use the X, Y, Angle, and Flip options to adjust the position of the profile. …
- Click Apply.
- Select the path, and in a 3D view, zoom in to see the profile.
How do you make a void family in Revit?
Create a Void Family with an Elliptic Profile
- Create a new family using the Metric Generic Model face based. …
- Select the 3D Front view.
- Click Create tab Datum panel (Reference Plane).
- Place a new horizontal reference plane in the middle of the slab extrusion:
- Select the new reference plane.
- In the Properties palette:
How do you change a void extrusion in Revit?
Edit an Extrusion
- In the drawing area, select the extrusion.
- If you are in the project environment: …
- Click Modify | Extrusion tab Mode panel (Edit Extrusion).
- If desired, modify the extrusion profile.
- On the Properties palette, change the visibility, material, or subcategory of the extrusion, if desired.
How do you cut void Geometry in Revit?
Open the Revit family with unattached voids and click Create tab Properties panel Family Category and Parameters. In the Family Category and Parameters dialog, select Cut With Voids when Loaded and click OK. Load the family into the project and place it. Click Modify tab Geometry panel Cut drop-down (Cut Geometry).
How do you make a niche in wall in Revit?
Use Cut Geometry to embed one wall within the other.
- On the warning message, click OK.
- On the Toolbar, select the Cut Geometry option. Select the host wall (in this case, the thicker and longer wall), and then select the shorter wall.
- Edit the profile of the thinner wall to create the niche shape that you want.
How do I create a wall sweep in Revit 2020?
Click Architecture tab Build panel Wall drop-down (Wall: Sweep). In the Type Selector, select the desired type of wall sweep. Click Modify | Place Wall Sweep Placement panel, and select the orientation of the wall sweep: Horizontal or Vertical. Place the cursor over the wall to highlight the wall sweep location.
What is a sweep in Revit?
Jul 22 2021In-product view. Create a sweep form from a line and a 2D profile sketched perpendicular to the line. The line in the sweep defines the path along which the 2D profile is swept to create the 3D form. The profile consists of linework drawn perpendicular to the line or series of lines that define the path.