A red dot by your cursor indicates you are recording. … You will know when you are recording because there will be a red dot on your screen by your cursor. There is obviously no rush as AutoCAD is only recording the steps, not the length of time it takes to perform those steps.
How do I get rid of the red dot in AutoCAD?
The red dot usually means the Action Recorder is active (recording). To turn it off (and make the red dot go away), right-click in the drawing area, select Action Recorder, and select Stop. (Or enter the ACTSTOP command.)
How do I fix a circle in AutoCAD?
Type OPTIONS on the command line. On Display > Display resolution section, increase the value of Arc and circle smoothness.
How do you join circles in AutoCAD?
To Join Polylines, Lines, Arcs, and Circles
- Click Home tab Modify panel Join. Find.
- Select the first object you want to join.
- Select the second object.
How do I find gaps in AutoCAD?
HPGAPTOL is the setting which will allow AutoCAD to hatch an area which has gaps. If you change the number to 0, everytime you try to hatch an area using PICK POINTS it will show you a red circle where the lines don’t intersect/join.
How do I turn off Actrecord in AutoCAD?
- Right-click and select Action Recorder > Stop.
- At the command prompt, enter actstop.
How do you smooth edges in AutoCAD 3d?
To Smooth Feature Lines
- Click Modify tab Edit Geometry panel Smooth Find.
- Select the feature line(s) to smooth or straighten.
- Do one of the following: Press Enter to smooth the lines. Enter Straighten to straighten lines that were previously smoothed.
How do you refresh lines in AutoCAD?
The Linetypes – Reload Linetypes dialog box will open. Select Reload all selected linetypes. Type RegenALL (or REA) in the Command line and press Enter. Your lines should now appear correctly in your drawing.
How do you draw a tangent line between two circles in Autocad?
Line command, using the TAN osnap, pick one circle to start, and the second circle to end the the line.
Simplest way to draw a line tangent to two circles is:
- click line.
- type ‘tan’ and press enter.
- click on Circle 1.
- type ‘tan’ again and press enter.
- click on Circle 2.
How do you make a circle tangent to two circles in Autocad?
Create a Circle Tangent to Two Objects
- Click Home tab Draw panel Circle drop-down Tan, Tan, Radius. Find. The command starts Tangent object snap mode.
- Select the first object to draw the circle tangent to.
- Select the second object to draw the circle tangent to.
- Specify the radius of the circle.
How do you draw a line polylines arcs and circles?
To Draw a Line and Arc Polyline
- Click Home tab Draw panel Polyline. Find.
- Specify the start point of the polyline segment.
- Specify the endpoint of the polyline segment. Switch to Arc mode by entering a (Arc) at the Command prompt. …
- Specify additional polyline segments as needed.
- Press Enter to end, or enter c to close the polyline.
What is fuzz distance in AutoCAD?
The fuzz factor is the distance AutoCAD should look from an unattached endpoint for another object. … AutoCAD can extend one or both lines to fill the gap, or simply add a segment to fill the gap; it may even need to do both.
How do I change the gap tolerance in AutoCAD?
Hatching Open Areas in AutoCAD using a Gap Tolerance
- Start the HATCH command from the Draw panel of the Home Ribbon tab.
- Expand the Options panel on the contextual Hatch Creation Ribbon tab. Here you will find the Gap Tolerance slider. …
- With the Gap Tolerance set, you can continue using the HATCH command as you would for closed areas.
How do I connect lines in AutoCAD?
- Click Home tab Modify panel Edit Polyline. Find.
- Select a polyline, spline, line, or arc to edit. …
- Enter j (Join).
- Select one or more polylines, splines, lines, or arcs that are located end to end.
- Press Enter to end the command.