(By default, PC3 files are stored in the Plotters folder. To find the location of your plotter files, on the Tools menu, click Options. In the Options dialog box, Files tab, click the plus sign to the left of Printer Support File Path. Click the plus sign to the left of the Printer Configuration Search Path file.
How do I import PC3 files into AutoCAD?
Do the following from within AutoCAD:
- Type IMPORT in the command line.
- Locate the folder containing the STEP file.
- Select the file and click OK.
- A window might pop up indicating that the import process is working in the background.
What is a PC3 file?
A plotter configuration file, or PC3 file, enables you to configure a plotter and to save the settings for later use. You can set up multiple configuration files for the same plotter by selecting a different configuration in the Plot dialog box. To create a PC3 file: … Double-click Add-A-Plotter Wizard.
How do I open AutoCAD plotter configuration file?
You can start the Plotter Configuration Editor with any of the following methods:
- Double-click a PC3 file in Windows Explorer or File Explorer, or right-click the PC3 file and click Open. …
- Choose Edit Plotter Configuration from within the Add-a-Plotter wizard.
- Choose Properties in the Page Setup dialog box.
What is a PMP File AutoCAD?
File used by AutoCAD, a CAD program used for creating designs; contains custom configuration information for a . PC3 file, including plotter calibration data and paper size; used to store common plotter calibration settings for use with multiple PC3 files.
What is walkthrough in AutoCAD?
A walkthrough is a simulated tour of a site or building using camera positions placed along a path that you define. Create a walkthrough to present your model to clients or team members. … A key frame is a frame that can be modified to change the direction and position of the camera.
How do I edit PC3 files?
Double-click the plotter configuration (PC3) file whose settings you want to change. In the Plotter Configuration Editor, click the General tab. Click in the Description box. Add a description or modify the existing description for the PC3 file.
How do I delete .PC3 files?
Removing Duplicate files
- Navigate to the Plotters folder by entering the PLOTTERMANAGER (command) in AutoCAD to open up the Plotters folder.
- Delete the extra files ending with …a. pc3, leaving only the original PC3 file, without any suffix.
- Navigate to the PMP Files sub-folder.
- Delete the extra files ending with …a.
What is the use of plotter?
Plotter • Plotters are used to print graphical output on paper. It interprets computer commands and makes line drawings on paper using multicolored automated pens. It is capable of producing graphs, drawings, charts, maps etc.
How do I add-a-plotter in AutoCAD 2018?
To Create a Plotter Configuration for the System Printer
- Click Application menu Print Manage Plotters. …
- Double-click the Add-a-Plotter Wizard shortcut icon.
- On the Begin page, select System Printer. …
- On the System Printer page, select the system printer for which you want to create a plotter configuration file.
How do I add a printer to AutoCAD?
Click the layout tab for which you want to specify a printer or plotter. In the Page Setup Manager, Page Setups area, select the page setup that you want to modify. Click Modify. In the Page Setup dialog box, under Printer/Plotter, select a printer or plotter from the list.
Where is the printer in AutoCAD?
Click the Application menu Options. In the Options dialog box, Files tab, click the plus sign (+) to the left of Printer Support File Path. Click the plus sign (+) to the left of Printer Configuration Search Path.