There is no built-in option to bring in KML/KMZ data. You might therefore look for online tools that allow for converting from KML/KMZ to SHP. You can also search in Autodesk APP Store for third party plug-ins.
How do I import a KML file into AutoCAD?
To Import Keyhole Markup Language (KML) Files
- Click Insert tab Import panel Map Import .
- In the Import Location dialog box, under Files Of Type, select Google KML.
- Select the file or folder to import. …
- In the Import Dialog Box, under Spatial Filter, specify whether to limit the area where data will be imported:
Can AutoCAD open KMZ files?
AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT do not contain Coordinate System Libraries for georeferencing content. Nor can KMZ files be imported into AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT.
What opens a KML file?
Google Earth is a popular and highly suggested tool to open KML files. This wikiHow teaches you how to open KML files in Google Earth with both Mac and PC as well as the Google Earth app available for both Android and iOS devices.
How do I convert a KMZ file to AutoCAD?
Alternatively, use the Coordinate Systems tab in the AutoCAD Map Options dialog box. Use the MapExport command and export the alignment polyline as a SHP file. In Google Earth Pro, use File / Import to import your SHP file. In Google Earth Pro, use File / Save Place As and create your KMZ file.
How do I convert DWG to KML?
To Export To KML (Keyhole Markup Language)
- At the command line, enter MAPEXPORT and press .
- In the Export Location dialog box, select the Google KML file format and a location for the exported files.
- In the Export dialog box, specify how to export objects. …
- On the Selection tab, specify the objects to export.
How do I import a Google Map into AutoCAD?
Click on the Insert Tab in the Ribbon and then in the “Set Location” Panel, click the icon that looks like a globe. A drop-down will open. Click From Map. (In the future, a quicker way to accomplish this same task is to type GEO into the command line and hit ENTER twice.)
How do I convert KMZ to KML?
KMZ is simply a ‘zipped’ version of a KML file!
Convert Compressed KMZ to KML
- Download and install Google Earth Pro for desktop.
- Double-click on any . kmz file to open it in Google Earth Pro. …
- Right-click (or control-click) on the KMZ layer under Places menu, and select Save Place As…, like is shown in Figure 14.21.
How do I open a KML file in Civil 3d?
Click Insert tab Import panel Map Import . In the Import Location dialog box, under Files Of Type, select Google KML. Select the file or folder to import. Click OK.
How do I open a KML file in Chrome?
On chrome go to https://www.google.com/earth/ • Click Launch Earth in Chrome. Click the Menu button on the left side navigation bar. Click Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the settings and where it says Enable KML file import turn it on then click save.
Can I open a KML file in Google Maps?
If you have a KML or KMZ file from an older version of Google Earth, you can open it in Google Earth for Android. At the top, tap Open. … To select a file from your Google Drive or a shared file, tap Open project from Drive.
How do I open a KML file in Windows 10?
ArcGIS, Merkaartor, Blender (with the Google Earth Importer plug-in), Global Mapper and Marble can open KML files as well. You can open KML files with any text editor too since they’re really just plain text XML files. You can use any text editor, like Notepad in Windows or from a free text editor.
How do I convert DWG to shapefile?
In ArcMap, you can add the DWG. The DWG will show up as multiple layers (points, lines, etc) representing all of the different geometries in the DWG. You can right click on one of those layers and do a Data Export to convert the CAD elements to shapefiles.
How do I export a DWG file to Google Earth?
- Step 1: Select the “Import KML” command and choose the desired file.
- Step 2: The information contained in the KML file is brought into your AutoCAD drawing.
- Step 1: Select the “Publish to Google Earth” command.
- Step 2: Choose the appropriate coordinate trasformation method.