If you’re going to use SketchUp to draw a 2D plan, the first thing you need to do is orient your point of view. It’s easiest to draw in 2D when you’re directly above your work, looking down at the ground plane. … Switching from Perspective to Parallel Projection makes it easier to draw plans in 2D.
Is SketchUp good for 2D drawings?
While SketchUp is primarily used for creating 3D models, it can also be used as a quick and easy to way to draw floor plans, elevations and other two-dimensional elements. Google’s SketchUp program is known for being exceptionally user-friendly and will give you the ability to create your 2D drawing in almost no time.
How do you make a 2D drawing in SketchUp?
How do you make a 2d drawing in SketchUp?
- Create a new SketchUp file by choosing File→New. Depending on the template you have set to open when you create a new SketchUp file, you may already be in a 2D view. …
- Choose Camera→Standard→Top. …
- Choose Camera→Parallel Projection.
Does SketchUp free have LayOut?
SketchUp Make is the free, not for commercial use version of SketchUp. among other things, it does not include LayOut and never has. If all you need is to make 2D drawings, there are a number of different 2D drawing applications out there.
How do I convert to SketchUp LayOut?
To send a model from SketchUp to LayOut, follow these steps:
- In SketchUp, click the Send to Layout button. The LayOut application opens.
- Select a LayOut template for your document. Your model opens in LayOut as a Sketchup viewport.