You can easily convert 3D cad solids to Revit Families using CAD to RFA tool from PowerPack for Revit® available in Autodesk Exchange App Store. This command can be very useful for creating 2D and 3D Generic Model Families in Revit, using existent CAD blocks and geometry.
Can you convert CAD to Revit?
Converting AutoCAD to Revit
There are a few methods for bringing CAD drawings into Revit. The easiest method is to simply import the drawing into a Revit drafting view and explode it. … Essentially, every layer in the DWG file becomes a Revit linetype.
How do I import a CAD block into Revit?
First, in Revit, open the view where you want to place the CAD file. Then go to the Insert tab and choose Link CAD. Browse to your file, and before you click on OK, check out the settings at the bottom of the dialog.
What 3d files can Revit import?
Revit supports the import of ACIS objects contained in DWG, DXF, DGN, and SAT files. You can incorporate a Trimble® SketchUp® design into a Revit project to provide a starting point for the building model. You can import 3D geometry from supported file formats and applications.7 мая 2020 г.
Why can’t I see my linked CAD file in Revit?
Causes: The CAD file has values much higher than the 20 mile limit for geometry from internal origin that was applied for Revit. The values themselves are not a problem but the CAD file has reference blocks that refer to 0,0,0 which is the cause of not displaying the CAD link.
How do you explode in Revit?
You can explode imported solid (not polymesh) geometry in the Family Editor environment.
- Select the import symbol.
- Click Modify | Imports in Families tab Import Instance panel Explode drop-down (Partial Explode) or (Full Explode). The 3D solids are now preserved as free form elements.
How do I open a Revit file without Revit?
You have the following options to view a Revit model without Revit:
- Use the free online A360 Viewer.
- Download the free Design Review 2013 and export the Revit model as a DWF.
- Use the Revit viewer mode. …
- If you have Navisworks, you can open the Revit file in Navisworks, then save as an NWD file.
Can Revit open DWG files?
Revit supports the import of ACIS objects contained in DWG, DXF, DGN, and SAT files. You can incorporate a Trimble® SketchUp® design into a Revit project to provide a starting point for the building model.
How do you add a level in Revit?
- Open the section or elevation view to add levels to.
- On the ribbon, click (Level). Architecture tab Datum panel (Level) …
- Place the cursor in the drawing area and click. …
- Draw level lines by moving the cursor horizontally. …
- Click when the level line is the correct length.
Can you import FBX into Revit?
File menu > References > Manage Links > Manage Links dialog > Presets tab > Highlight a Revit preset or an FBX preset. > Click Modify. File menu > Import > Link Revit or Link FBX > Manage Links dialog > Files tab > Highlight an RVT file or an FBX file. >
What files can revit open?
Revit supports a wide range of industry standards and file formats, including:
- Revit native formats: RVT, RFA, RTE, RFT.
- CAD formats: DGN, DWF, DWG, DXF, IFC, SAT, and SKP.
- Image formats: BMP, PNG, JPG, JPEG, and TIF.
- Other formats: ODBC, HTML, TXT, and gbXML.
Can you import solidworks into Revit?
SOLIDWORKS models can be quickly opened up in Autodesk Revit.
How do I change units in Revit?
- Click Manage tab Settings panel Project Units.
- In the Project Units dialog, select the discipline.
- Click the value in the Format column to change the display value for that unit type. …
- Specify Units, if necessary.
- For Rounding, select an appropriate value. …
- For Unit symbol, select an appropriate option from the list.