Just in case you need to convert a 3D Revit model to 3D AutoCAD, here ya go. It is very simple but remember to click one button to make sure you work with ACAD solids… With the Revit model open, Click the Application Menu (“Big R”) > “Export” > “CAD Formats” > Select “DWG“.
How do I convert CAD to Revit?
- Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD).
- In the dialog, for Files of type, select the desired file type.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the file to import, and select the file. …
- Specify options. …
- Click Open.
How do I scale an imported CAD file in Revit?
Scaling for Imported CAD Files
- Select the imported CAD file and click Modify | File Name> tab Properties panel (Type Properties). Note: SAT and 3DM files can’t be scaled.
- In the Type Properties dialog, modify Import Units or Scale Factor. If you change the import units, the scale factor automatically updates. See Import and Link Options. …
- Click OK.
Why can’t I see my linked CAD file in Revit?
Causes: The CAD file has values much higher than the 20 mile limit for geometry from internal origin that was applied for Revit. The values themselves are not a problem but the CAD file has reference blocks that refer to 0,0,0 which is the cause of not displaying the CAD link.
What 3d files can Revit import?
Revit supports the import of ACIS objects contained in DWG, DXF, DGN, and SAT files. You can incorporate a Trimble® SketchUp® design into a Revit project to provide a starting point for the building model. You can import 3D geometry from supported file formats and applications.7 мая 2020 г.
How do I export a selection in Revit?
for Export, select . for Export, select , and then select the views and sheets to export. If you are ready to export, click Next. To save the current export settings and close the dialog without exporting, click Save Set & Close.
How do I open a Revit file without Revit?
You have the following options to view a Revit model without Revit:
- Use the free online A360 Viewer.
- Download the free Design Review 2013 and export the Revit model as a DWF.
- Use the Revit viewer mode. …
- If you have Navisworks, you can open the Revit file in Navisworks, then save as an NWD file.
How do I export a section in Revit?
Export Part of a 3D View
- Create a duplicate view: In the Project Browser, right-click the 3D view to export, and click Duplicate View Duplicate. …
- Add a section box: For information about section boxes, see Change the Extents of a 3D View. …
- Export the 3D view defined by the section box: Click Export, and select an export option.
Can you scale in Revit?
Select the elements to scale, and click Modify | tab Modify panel (Scale). Click Modify tab Modify panel (Scale), select the elements to scale, and then press Enter .
Where are Revit imported CAD files?
To see a CAD file in a good Revit view or delete it, simply click on the Show or Delete. This also helps locating a particular imported DWG in your hundreds of views & sheets! Another nice feature is the chance to select one CAD file from the list and click Find Views.
How do I show hidden elements in Revit?
To unhide hidden elements:
- Select the element.
- Do one of the following: Click Modify | Element> tab Reveal Hidden Elements panel (Unhide Element) or (Unhide Category). Right-click the element, and click Unhide in View Elements or Category. …
- On the View Control Bar, click to exit Reveal Hidden Elements mode.