Many CAD users want to create a circular wipeout, as you may or may not know, you cannot create a wipeout using a circle, only a closed pline without any arcs. Instead, use the POLYGON command.
Can you make a circle wipeout in Autocad?
Just a note to the previous posts–to create a circular wipeout, you can use the BOUNDARY command directly in a circle object to create a circular polyline. You can use BOUNDARY to create all kinds of closed polylines out of geometric objects that enclose an area.
How do I fix a circle in Autocad?
Type OPTIONS on the command line. On Display > Display resolution section, increase the value of Arc and circle smoothness.
How do you hide the wipeout frame in Autocad?
Do one of the following:
- Choose OFF in the context menu or type off, then press Enter, to hide the edges of all wipeouts in the drawing.
- Choose ON in the context menu or type on, then press Enter, to display the edges of all wipeouts in the drawing.
How do you wipeout a circle?
How can I create a circular wipeout
- Enter the command POLYGON,
- When prompted to enter the number of sides, enter a value of 36 which will create a closed pline that looks just like a circle. …
- Then use of the WIPEOUT command like you normally would, and choose Polyline option, then select the pline created and done!
How do you use wipeout command?
Enter y to erase the polyline that was used to create the wipeout object. Enter n to retain the polyline.
Available Frames modes:
- ON – frames are displayed and plotted.
- OFF – frames are not displayed or plotted.
- Display but not plot – frames are displayed but are not plotted.
How do you smooth edges in AutoCAD 3d?
To Smooth Feature Lines
- Click Modify tab Edit Geometry panel Smooth Find.
- Select the feature line(s) to smooth or straighten.
- Do one of the following: Press Enter to smooth the lines. Enter Straighten to straighten lines that were previously smoothed.
How do you smooth a polyline in AutoCAD?
Enter f (Fit) to create an arc-fit polyline, a smooth curve consisting of arcs joining each pair of vertices. Enter s (Spline) to create an approximation of a spline. Enter d (Decurve) to remove extra vertices inserted by a fit or spline curve and to straighten all segments of the polyline.
How do you hide the wipeout border?
When you use Wipeout on the Command line, the default is for a polyline, to select an area to ‘hide’ or wipe out from a drawing. However, if you select Frames when executing the command, the Off setting will turn the frame(s) off, and On will show the frame(s) and allow you to recover the area that has been wiped.
What are red circles in Autocad?
The red circles are indicating that there are wall clean up issues. They should already be non-plotting by default, you can check this or turn them off completely by going into the display properties for the walls. A better option would be to play around with the walls to make them clean up correctly.
What is Wipeout Autocad?
Creates a polygonal area that masks underlying objects with the current background color. The wipeout area is bounded by a frame that you can turn on or off. You can also choose to display the frame on screen and have it hidden for plotting.