Why can’t I select my viewport AutoCAD?
Go to your Layers palette, find the layer that the Viewport is on (hint, look for a layer that is froze, off, or frozen in the current viewport) and thaw it or turn it on.
How do I select a viewport in AutoCAD?
To select a viewport that is completely contained within another viewport in a layout, double-click within the larger viewport to activate it, then use CTRL+R to switch activated viewports until the desired viewport is selected. The viewports will shift according to the order in which the viewports were created.
Why can’t I select anything in AutoCAD?
There might be several causes for this: The desired objects are within a viewport on a layout and the viewport is not active. The layer of the objects are locked. The edit mode of an xref is active.
How do I reset a viewport in AutoCAD?
To Restore a Saved Viewport Arrangement in Model Space
- Click View tab Model Viewports panel Named. Find.
- In the Viewports dialog box, Named Viewports tab, choose a configuration to restore.
How do I delete a viewport in AutoCAD?
- Click View tab Viewports panel Named. Find.
- In the Viewports dialog box, Named Viewports tab, select the name of the viewport configuration you want to delete.
- Press the DELETE key.
How do I manage a viewport in AutoCAD?
- Click View tab Viewports panel New.
- In the Viewports dialog box, New Viewports tab, under Standard Viewports, select Single.
- Click to specify one corner of the new layout viewport.
- Click to specify the opposite corner. A new layout viewport object is available and displays a default view.
How do I enable ViewCube in AutoCAD?
Show or Hide the ViewCube by Visual Style
- Right-click the drawing area and choose Options.
- On the 3D Modeling tab, under Display Tools In Viewport Display The ViewCube, click or clear: 2D Wireframe Visual Style. All Other Visual Styles.
How do you make a viewport border invisible in AutoCAD?
- Switch to the layout that contains the viewport border that you do not want plotted.
- On the Object Properties toolbar, click the Layers toolbar button.
- In the Layers dialog box, click New.
- Name the new layer.
- Click the Freeze Layer icon for the new layer. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
How do I select in AutoCAD?
To create a lasso selection, click, drag, and release the mouse button.
- Do one of the following: Select individual objects by clicking them. Drag from left to right to select all objects that are entirely enclosed in the selection rectangle or lasso (window selection). …
- Press Enter to end object selection.
How do you select multiple objects in AutoCAD?
Multiple objects can still be selected with selection or crossing windows, and by holding the Shift key while clicking items.
How do you select an OLE object in AutoCAD?
Double-click the linked drawing and the drawing will open. You can also select the OLE object, right-click and select AutoCAD Drawing Object, and then Edit (see Figure 5).
How do I reset AutoCAD WCS?
How to reset the User Coordinate System (UCS) to the Orthogonal World Coordinate System (WCS) in AutoCAD
- Issue: How to reset the UCS in a drawing in AutoCAD to the WCS. …
- Solution: On the command line in AutoCAD, type PLAN and then World.
- See Also: PLAN (Command) …
- Products: AutoCAD Products;
How do I get back to original UCS in AutoCAD?
If you save the your UCS with a name go to UCS->RESTORE.
How do I unlock UCS in AutoCAD?
To Turn the Display of the UCS Icon On and Off
- Enter ucsicon at the Command prompt, and enter ON or OFF. you can turn off the UCS icon in a single viewport or all viewports. …
- To display or hide the UCS icon based on the current visual style , and whether perspective is turned on.