Double-click the text to begin editing the text. Then, in the Style panel of the Text Editor contextual ribbon, click the Background Mask button. The program displays the Background Mask dialog. Select the Use background mask checkbox to turn on a background mask.
How do I change the background color of a mask in AutoCAD?
Provides a background that is the same color as the background of the drawing. Specifies a color for the opaque background. You can select one of the colors in the list or click Select Color to open the Select Color dialog box.
How do you change the background in AutoCAD?
To Change the Background and Other Color Settings
- Click Application button > Options.
- In the Options dialog box, Display tab, click Colors.
- In the Drawing Window Colors dialog box, select the context and the interface element that you want to change.
- On the Color list, select the color that you want to use.
How do you create a mask in AutoCAD?
To Mask a Drawing Area
- Click Annotate tab Markup panel Wipeout. Find.
- Specify points in a sequence that defines the perimeter of the area to be masked. You can also enter p and click an existing polyline to use. The polyline must be closed, contain line segments only, and have zero width.
- Press Enter to end the command.
How do you add a background mask to text in Autocad?
Create Multi Line text and select it to open the text’s contextual ribbon. On the Style tab select the Mask button. The Background Mask dialog box will allow you to choose whether to use a background mask or not as well as what color it will be (or the same color as the drawing background color).
What is the best background color for AutoCAD?
The answer is to use a ‘nearly black’ gray background. For example a red-green-blue triplet of 70,70,70 is about optimum. The nearest colour index on the ACAD wheel is 251. For most types of drawing you should be able to work all day without getting tired eyes.
How do I get rid of the white background in AutoCAD?
- Select the image.
- Right-click the image. Click Properties.
- In the Properties palette, select Transparency.
- Click the down arrow at the right of the box and select Yes.
How do I change a white background to black in AutoCAD 2010?
- On the command line in AutoCAD, type OPTIONS.
- In Options, click the Display tab and then the Colors button.
- Choose 2D model space and Uniform background (selected by default).
- Click the Color drop-down menu and select the desired color.
- Click Apply & Close and then OK.
How do you delete text in Autocad?
On the MTEXT ribbon contextual tab, in the Close panel, click Close Text Editor. Click in the drawing outside the editor.
On the Text Editor ribbon contextual tab Formatting panel, click Clear and choose one of the following:
- Remove Character Formatting.
- Remove Paragraph Formatting.
- Remove All Formatting.
How do I delete an attribute in Autocad?
- Select a Forklift block insert in the drawing.
- Right-click and choose “Edit Attributes…”
- In the Attribute Editor, select attribute “DRIVER”, then click the “Remove” button:
- Click “Yes” when prompted to confirm remove. …
- Click OK.
- In the drawing, the selected block insert should now have it’s “DRIVER” attribute removed.
How do you make a text box transparent in AutoCAD?
In the Type Properties window which should now be on screen, select the Text type from the drop down list or create a new one. Then under Graphics ►Background, click Opaque and switch it to Transparent.
How do you erase a block in AutoCAD?
Select the block reference, right-click, and open it in the Block Editor. Use the WIPEOUT command and draw a wipeout to fill the background of the keynote area. Select the wipeout, right-click, and choose Basic Modify Tools > Display Order > Send to Back. Save the block reference and close the Block Editor.
What is the wipeout command in AutoCAD?
Creates a polygonal area that masks underlying objects with the current background color. The wipeout area is bounded by a frame that you can turn on or off. You can also choose to display the frame on screen and have it hidden for plotting.