You can access it in option dialog box, in open and save tab. Alternatively, in the save as file dialog box, select tools>options. You will see a save as options dialog. Change the default to the lowest file format the other users can open it.
How do I change the default version of AutoCAD?
Right-click any existing DWG file (AutoCAD drawing) on your computer to open the menu pictured to the right. Select Open With from the menu. Then select Choose Default Program from the submenu that opens. Then select Choose another app from the submenu that opens.
How do I change a file type in AutoCAD?
Click the application menu in the upper-left and choose DWG Convert (or pick it on the ribbon if a file is open).
- Add the file(s) in the Files Tree list (click the green plus Add Files button).
- Choose the appropriate file format version.
- Click Convert.
How do I set AutoCAD 2021 as default?
- In the Windows File Explorer, right-click a DWG file and choose Open With > Choose another app.
- In the window, select “AutoCAD DWG Launcher.”
- Select the checkbox for “Always use this app to open . dwg files.”
- Click OK.
How do I change the Save Settings in AutoCAD?
- Click Application button > Options.
- In the Options dialog box, click a tab and set options as desired.
- Save the settings: To save the settings and keep working in the dialog box, click Apply. To save the settings and close the dialog box, click OK.
How do I open a DWG file without AutoCAD?
Adobe Acrobat DC is a PDF solution that allows you to convert, sign, send and manage documents. It’s really easy to use too – from Windows Explorer, simply locate the DWG file, right-click, and select “Convert to Adobe PDF”. With one click, you now have a PDF file that can be viewed by anyone with Adobe Reader.9 мая 2016 г.
How do I change the default save location in AutoCAD?
On the Windows desktop, right-click the product shortcut icon and choose Properties. On the Shortcut tab, in the Start In box, enter the desired default folder path for opening or saving drawing files.
Where does AutoCAD save files?
AutoCAD will now use C:Drawings as a default folder for SAVE and OPEN operations as long as the modified shortcut is used to start it. Keep in mind that AutoCAD still remembers the last-used folder. Browsing to a different folder at any time will cause AutoCAD to go back to that same folder the next time.
How do I open a DWG file?
You can either use Autodesk DWG online viewer or download DWG TrueView. Autodesk DWG online viewer is available at https://viewer.autodesk.com/ – it can import DWG, STEP, RVT and Solidworks files and show it in your browser.
What is the default AutoCAD file extension?
The default AutoCAD filename extension is dwg.
How do I make AutoCAD 2018 default?
If you hold shift and right click on the . DWG file and select AutoCAD 2018 as the new default program (may have to check the box to set as default), it should now use 2018 every time. As for setting a default Vertical Application, that is still a pain.
How do I make AutoCAD the default program for DWG on Mac?
To associate DWG files with AutoCAD for Mac:
- In Finder, right-click any . dwg file (or CTRL-click) and choose Get Info.
- In the pull-down menu under the Open With: section, select the desired AutoCAD program.
- Click the Change All button.
- Click Continue.
Where is AutoCAD block library?
Add a Block Library
- Click Window menu > Blocks.
- Select the Block Libraries pane to display. …
- Click Manage Libraries. …
- Click + below the list of libraries and type a name for the block library.
- Click + below the Blocks area.
- Navigate to the block library drawing.
- Select the block library drawing and click Open.