How do I set the default layer in AutoCAD?
Right-click in the drawing area, and choose Properties from the shortcut menu. In the Properties palette, click Layer, and then the down arrow. From the drop-down list, choose the layer that you want to assign to the objects.
How do I reset AutoCAD to default settings?
From the AutoCAD menu, click Preferences. In Preferences, click the Application tab. Click the Reset Application Options button. Click Reset AutoCAD.
How do I change the default hatch layer?
To set the default layer, expand the Properties panel, and choose a layer in the Hatch Layer Override drop-down list. Specify a point inside each area that you want to hatch. Press Enter, or click Close on the ribbon to apply the hatch and exit the command.
How do you create a layer in CAD?
Create a Layer
- In the Layer Properties Manager, click New Layer. …
- Enter a new layer name by typing over the highlighted layer name. …
- For complex drawings with many layers, enter descriptive text in the Description column.
- Specify the settings and default properties of the new layer by clicking in each column.
How do I edit a layer in AutoCAD?
To Change the Layer of Selected Objects
- Select the objects.
- Right-click in the drawing area, and choose Properties from the shortcut menu.
- In the Properties palette, click Layer, and then the down arrow.
- From the drop-down list, choose the layer that you want to assign to the objects.
- Press Esc to remove the selection.
What is the layer?
(Entry 1 of 2) 1 : one that lays something (such as a worker who lays brick or a hen that lays eggs) 2a : one thickness, course, or fold laid or lying over or under another. b : stratum.
What are CAD layers?
Layers are the primary method for organizing the objects in a drawing by function or purpose. Layers can reduce the visual complexity of a drawing and improve display performance by hiding information that you don’t need to see at the moment.
What does locking a layer do AutoCAD?
When a layer is locked, none of the objects on that layer can be modified until you unlock the layer. Locking layers reduces the possibility of modifying objects accidentally. Objects on locked layers appear faded and a small lock icon is displayed when you hover over an object on a locked layer.
How do I reset AutoCAD 2016 to default settings?
Select the Windows start icon and move to the Autodesk – AutoCAD 2016 folder and select Reset Settings to default as shown. After you select Reset Settings to default you will be prompted to backup the settings or continue.
How do I change settings in AutoCAD?
How to select options and specify preferences for general drawing settings.
- Click Application button > Options.
- In the Options dialog box, click a tab and set options as desired.
- Save the settings: To save the settings and keep working in the dialog box, click Apply.
How do I change hatch settings in AutoCAD?
How to Edit Hatch Objects in AutoCAD
- Select the hatch object. AutoCAD opens the Hatch Editor contextual tab on the Ribbon and displays the hatch object’s current settings.
- Make any changes you want and watch the real-time preview as you do. When you’re happy, click Close Hatch Editor to retain the changes.
How do you hatch a layer in AutoCAD?
Hatch an Area
- Click Home tab > Draw panel > Hatch. …
- On the Properties panel Hatch Type list, select the type of hatch that you want to use. …
- On the Pattern panel, select a hatch pattern, such as ANSI31.
- On the Boundaries panel, click Pick Points. …
- Click inside the circle, rectangle, and the triangle.