How do I change the color of a line in Autocad?
- Select the objects whose color you want to change.
- Right-click in the drawing area, and choose Properties.
- In the Properties palette, click Color, and then click the down arrow. From the drop-down list, choose the color that you want to assign to the objects.
- Press Esc to remove the selection.
How do I change the default file format in Autocad?
You can access it in option dialog box, in open and save tab. Alternatively, in the save as file dialog box, select tools>options. You will see a save as options dialog. Change the default to the lowest file format the other users can open it.
How do I change the default line thickness in Autocad?
- Click Home tab Layers Panel Layer Properties.
- In the Layer Properties Manager, under the Lineweight column, click the lineweight that you want to change.
- In the Lineweight dialog box, choose the lineweight that you want to use as the default for objects on that layer.
How do I change the default hatch in Autocad?
- Click Home tab Draw panel Hatch. …
- On the Properties panel, set the default values for hatch type, hatch color, background color, transparency, pattern angle, and pattern scale.
- To set the default layer, expand the Properties panel, and choose a layer in the Hatch Layer Override drop-down list.
How do I change the background color in AutoCAD 2018?
To Change the Background and Other Color Settings
- Click Application button Options.
- In the Options dialog box, Display tab, click Colors.
- In the Drawing Window Colors dialog box, select the context and the interface element that you want to change.
- On the Color list, select the color that you want to use.
How do I change the line color in Draftsight?
By selecting the paint bucket icon in the ribbon, a line color window appears. The window holds two tabs, a Standard Colors option and a Custom Color option. In the Standard tab, you can select any preset color icon, or match your line color to your layer or block.
How do I change the default save location in AutoCAD?
On the Windows desktop, right-click the product shortcut icon and choose Properties. On the Shortcut tab, in the Start In box, enter the desired default folder path for opening or saving drawing files.
Where does AutoCAD save files?
AutoCAD will now use C:Drawings as a default folder for SAVE and OPEN operations as long as the modified shortcut is used to start it. Keep in mind that AutoCAD still remembers the last-used folder. Browsing to a different folder at any time will cause AutoCAD to go back to that same folder the next time.
How do you change Save As Type?
How to Change the Default File Format in Microsoft Office
- Create a new document or open an existing one.
- Click the File tab on the ribbon.
- Click Options in the left menu.
- Click Save in the Options window.
- Select the default file format in the drop-down box next to “Save files in this format.”
- Click OK.
What is default lineweight AutoCAD?
Lineweight values consist of standard settings including BYLAYER, BYBLOCK, and DEFAULT. The DEFAULT value is set by the LWDEFAULT system variable, which has an initial value of 0.01 inches or 0.25 mm. All new layers use the default setting.
How do you show line thickness in AutoCAD?
Solution: On the command line in AutoCAD, type LWDISPLAY and set the value to On (or 1). Alternatively, use the Show/Hide Lineweight button that can be added to the status bar. Note: On Page Setup, the setting Display plot styles can override expected lineweights depending on the plot style file chosen.
Why is my hatch not showing in AutoCAD?
Make sure the hatch layer is turned on and not frozen. Under Options/ Display, make sure the box next to “apply solid fill” is checked and then Click on “Apply” and “OK. Turn on the hatch quick preview and fill mode (see Hatch preview does not appear for a selected area in AutoCAD).
How do you hatch a roof in AutoCAD?
To Specify the Hatching of a Roof
- Select the roof you want to change, right-click, and click Edit Object Display. …
- Click the Display Properties tab.
- Select the Section display representation, and select Style Override.
- If necessary, click .
- Click the Hatching tab.
- Select the display component, and click the setting for Pattern.