How do I change the viewport in AutoCAD?
To select a viewport that is completely contained within another viewport in a layout, double-click within the larger viewport to activate it, then use CTRL+R to switch activated viewports until the desired viewport is selected. The viewports will shift according to the order in which the viewports were created.
What is viewport shaded?
Shaded viewport and plot options settings affect how objects are plotted and are saved in the page setup. … The options for shaded viewport plotting give you flexibility in conveying your design intent by choosing how viewports are plotted and by specifying resolution levels.
How do I change the color of a viewport layer?
- On a layout, double-click inside a layout viewport to make it the current viewport.
- Click Home tab Layers panel Layer Properties. Find.
- In the Layer Properties Manager, specify the properties to override in the current layout viewport by changing the properties in the following columns: VP Freeze. VP Color.
Why can’t I select my viewport AutoCAD?
Go to your Layers palette, find the layer that the Viewport is on (hint, look for a layer that is froze, off, or frozen in the current viewport) and thaw it or turn it on.
How do I manage a viewport in AutoCAD?
- Click View tab Viewports panel New.
- In the Viewports dialog box, New Viewports tab, under Standard Viewports, select Single.
- Click to specify one corner of the new layout viewport.
- Click to specify the opposite corner. A new layout viewport object is available and displays a default view.
How do I fix the viewport in AutoCAD?
How to Lock the Viewport in AutoCAD 2014
- Verify that you’re in paper space. (Check the UCS icon or move the crosshairs.)
- Select the boundary of the viewport whose arrangement you want to protect. …
- Click the Lock/Unlock Viewport button to lock the viewport scale.
How do I change dpi in Autocad?
Specify a Resolution Level for Shaded Plotting
- Click Output tab Plot panel Plot. Find.
- In the Plot dialog box, under Shaded Viewport Options, Quality drop-down list, select an option. If you want to enter a custom dpi, select Custom and specify a dpi in the DPI box.
How do I change resolution in Autocad?
Right-click the desktop and choose Screen Resolution. Click “Make text and other items larger or smaller.” Select “Smaller – 100%” (or maybe “Medium – 125%”).
To increase screen resolution:
- Right-click the desktop and choose Screen Resolution.
- Change the Resolution menu to a lower setting.
- Click Apply.
What is viewport overrides in Autocad?
You can now apply overrides for color, linetype, lineweight, and plot style to layers in individual layout viewports. This is an efficient way to display objects with different property settings in individual viewports without changing their ByLayer or ByBlock properties.
How do you make a transparent viewport in Autocad?
These new options are only available while you are in a viewport thus the prefix “VP…” Find the Layer within the Layer Manager and then locate the column “VP Transparency” and click it. A little dialog box will appear. You can set transparency values from 0-90 – 90 being the most transparent.
What are xref overrides?
You can change or override the visibility, color, linetype, and other properties of an xref’s layers and define how you want those changes handled when the xref is reloaded. Use the VISRETAIN and VISRETAINMODE system variables to get the desired behavior for the xref layer properties in the host drawing.
How do you unlock a viewport in AutoCAD?
- In layout view select the boundary of one Viewport.
- Click the customization button at the bottom right of the screen.
- Enable the viewport lock from the drop-up list.
How do I delete a viewport in AutoCAD?
- Click View tab Viewports panel Named. Find.
- In the Viewports dialog box, Named Viewports tab, select the name of the viewport configuration you want to delete.
- Press the DELETE key.