Click the Erase button in the Modify panel on the Home tab. AutoCAD displays the Select objects prompt at the command line, and if dynamic input is enabled on the status bar, the Dynamic Input tooltip.
How do I clear the command window?
From the Windows command line or MS-DOS, you can clear the screen and all commands by using the CLS command.
How do I delete a command in AutoCAD?
To Erase an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Erase. Find.
- At the Select Objects prompt, use a selection method to select the objects to be erased or enter an option: Enter L (Last) to erase the last object drawn. Enter p (Previous) to erase the last selection set. …
- Press Enter to end the command.
How do I get the command window back in AutoCAD?
Use the shortcut CTRL+9 (CMD+3 in AutoCAD for Mac) to toggle on the command line. Type in the COMMANDLINE command.
What is transparent command in AutoCAD?
When you enter a transparent command within a running command that accepts more than one point location (for example, the AutoCAD LINE command), you can enter a series of points in the same format without having to re-enter the transparent command.
How do you delete old lines in CMD?
2 Answers. The Escape ( Esc ) key will clear the input line. In addition, pressing Ctrl+C will move the cursor to a new, blank line. This may be helpful as the input you just reviewed remains visible while you type the new command.
How do I clear my command prompt history?
The Answer. SuperUser contributor AFH has the answer for us: There is a simple keyboard shortcut for doing so while the command prompt is still open, Alt+F7. Alternatively, the command history is cleared every time you exit and restart the command prompt.
How do you use the Move command in AutoCAD?
How to Use the Move Command in AutoCAD 2014
- Press Esc to make sure that no command is active and no objects are selected.
- Click the Move button on the Modify panel of the Home tab. …
- Select at least one object. …
- Press Enter when you finish selecting objects. …
- Specify a base point by clicking a point or typing coordinates.
How do I delete multiple lines in AutoCAD?
Solution: Select objects in a drawing (use CTRL-A to select everything) and then type OVERKILL on the command line. Click OK on the Delete Duplicate Objects dialog window, adjusting settings as desired (the default options are usually sufficient). Overkill deletes information that is overlaying other items.
How do I cut a circle in AutoCAD?
Type extrim on the command line. At the Pick a POLYLINE, LINE, CIRCLE, ARC, ELLIPSE, IMAGE or TEXT for cutting edge: prompt, select one of the listed objects.
- Start the TRIM command.
- At the Select cutting edges … Select objects or <select all>: prompt, press Enter.
- Select the object(s) to trim.
What is AutoCAD command line?
The command line is docked in the bottom left of the drawing area and displays prompts, options, and messages. The command line is used to input commands, typically by using a keyboard, as an alternative to using the command palette that is in the bottom of the left-side panel.
How do I make the command line visible in AutoCAD?
If your command line is off hold down the “Ctrl” button and while stilling holding this down select the “9” key on the Keyboard this should turn the Command Line back on. 2.) This will bring up a message that asks if you are sure you want to turn the command Line off Select Yes and the Command Line is turned off.
Where is the command in AutoCAD?
You can choose just part of the drawing or the whole file and you can chose whether to search inside Blocks and Xrefs. Click on the expansion arrow to see all the options. By checking the ‘List Results’ box and hitting ‘Find’ you can see all the results listed.
How do I add a transparent command bar?
Transparent Command Reference
- Click the Transparent Commands ribbon tab and select the command.
- Right-click to display the Transparent Commands context menu and select the command.
- Activate the Transparent Commands toolbar and select the command.
- Enter the command at the command line.
What is the function of the Create right of way Parcel command?
If you move or edit the alignment you must create the right of way again. When you run the Create ROW command, you are prompted to select one or more parcels. If an alignment is found in the site and along an edge of the selected parcels, a right of way is created in accordance with the supplied parameters.
How do I show the toolbar in Civil 3d?
To Display Autodesk Civil 3D Toolbars
- Enter -toolbar at the command line.
- Enter transparent_commands or transparent_command_filters and then press Enter.
- Enter Show.