Open Revit and start a new Conceptual Mass. Go to Insert, and then click the Import CAD button. A dialogue window appears. Find your file from Autocad, make sure the import settings are as you want them (the ones I used are shown below), then click Open.
How do I convert AutoCAD to Revit?
Import a CAD File
- Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD).
- In the dialog, for Files of type, select the desired file type.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the file to import, and select the file. …
- Specify options. …
- Click Open.
How do you make a 3d model in Revit?
Create a Solid Form
- On the Create tab Draw panel, select one of the drawing tools.
- Click in the drawing area, and draw a closed loop.
- Select the closed loop.
- Click Modify | Lines tab Form panel (Create Form). …
- (Optional) Click Modify | Form Element tab Form panel (Void Form) to convert this solid to a void.
7 мая 2020 г.
Which is better AutoCAD or Revit?
The biggest difference is that AutoCAD is a CAD software and Revit is software for BIM. While AutoCAD is a general drawing tool with broad application, Revit is a design and documentation solution, supporting all phases and disciplines involved in a building project.
Can I open a Revit file in AutoCAD?
No it’s not directly possible. You will need to export the rvt file to a dwg.
Can you draw in 2d in Revit?
Both AutoCAD and Revit are used to create 2D drawings such as floor plans, elevations, details, etc. … In addition to the common 2D drawings and plans, both can be used to create 3D models and objects, which is extremely helpful in the design process as well as for presentations.27 мая 2014 г.
What are Revit drawings?
Autodesk Revit is Building Information Modeling (BIM) software for Microsoft Windows, which allows the user to design with parametric modeling and drafting elements. … Thus, Revit drawings and schedules are always fully coordinated in terms of the building objects shown in drawings.
How do you measure in Revit 3d?
After clicking on the 3DMeasure icon located in the Camilion tab, a dialog box will be displayed. Under the Measure section (a) , you can choose between the 3 buttons: Select Point , Select Edge or Measure by Points . Let’s explore in detail each button.
How do you dimension a 3d view in Revit?
In order to dimension in a 3D or isometric view within Revit you will need to set the work plane first. To set the work plane rotate the view, click on the icon to lock the position and give the view a name. Now set the work plane. From the Architecture, Structure or Systems tab > Work Plane panel > click on Set.
How do you measure distance in Revit?
- Click Modify tab Measure panel Measure drop-down, and then click either (Measure Between Two References) or (Measure Along An Element). …
- If you want to display dimensions for a chain of temporary lines that you draw, on the Options Bar, select Chain and do either of the following:
Is Revit harder than AutoCAD?
In my experience seasoned AutoCAD users have a harder time learning Revit because they have so much they have to unlearn. If you are in some other field this does not apply. Revit is exclusively for building design and engineering. In other fields AutoCAD may still dominate or there may be different better options.
How long will it take to learn Revit?
about 3 months
Is Revit easier than AutoCAD?
Managing changes in Revit is much simpler, since one modification is immediately reflected on all existing views; in AutoCAD, changes often force all teams to update their work manually. Revit is also a very powerful tool when calculating material lists or preparing project bids.