How do I add a mask to a block in AutoCAD?
To Attach Mask Blocks to Objects
- Select the mask block or blocks that you want to attach to an object.
- Click Mask Block Reference tab Modify panel Attach Objects.
- Select the object that you want to mask.
- Select a display representation from the list of current display representations, and click OK. Attaching a mask block to an object.
How do I create a mask in AutoCAD?
To Mask a Drawing Area
- Click Annotate tab Markup panel Wipeout. Find.
- Specify points in a sequence that defines the perimeter of the area to be masked. You can also enter p and click an existing polyline to use. The polyline must be closed, contain line segments only, and have zero width.
- Press Enter to end the command.
Why can’t I make blocks in AutoCAD?
Issue: You use the Block command to create a block in AutoCAD but the command does not convert the selected objects to a block definition. When you select the object in the drawing, they are still individual objects.
How do you mask a background in AutoCAD?
How to use background mask for block attibutes?
- Check the option “Multiple lines” and click the button “…” to define the default value for the attribute.
- AutoCAD displays a simple text editor. …
- From the context menu select the function “Background mask” and set its parameters.
- Finish the definition of the attribute (already masked) and save your block definition.
How do you add a background to text in Autocad?
Double-click the text to begin editing the text. Then, in the Style panel of the Text Editor contextual ribbon, click the Background Mask button. The program displays the Background Mask dialog. Select the Use background mask checkbox to turn on a background mask.
What is the wipeout command in Autocad?
Creates a polygonal area that masks underlying objects with the current background color. The wipeout area is bounded by a frame that you can turn on or off. You can also choose to display the frame on screen and have it hidden for plotting.
How do I hide part of a drawing in Autocad?
If you are interested in hiding only certain components from drawings then you can use hide option from the contextual menu. Select objects that you want to hide from drawing then right click to bring the contextual menu and select Isolate then Hide objects.
How do you hide the wipeout frame in Autocad?
Do one of the following:
- Choose OFF in the context menu or type off, then press Enter, to hide the edges of all wipeouts in the drawing.
- Choose ON in the context menu or type on, then press Enter, to display the edges of all wipeouts in the drawing.
How do you delete a circle in Autocad?
How can I create a circular wipeout
- Enter the command POLYGON,
- When prompted to enter the number of sides, enter a value of 36 which will create a closed pline that looks just like a circle. …
- Then use of the WIPEOUT command like you normally would, and choose Polyline option, then select the pline created and done!
How do you make blocks?
To create a block in a drawing
- Click the Create Block tool button ( ) on the Tools toolbar.
- Choose Create Block in the Tools menu.
- Type block in the command bar, then press Enter.
How do you unlock a drawing in AutoCAD?
If you need to select or move the file, you can unlock it. Click an empty space on the diagram to deselect anything that may already be selected. Right-click, and then click CAD Drawing Object > Properties. Click to deselect the Lock size and position and Lock against deletion checkboxes.
How do you unblock items in AutoCAD?
By Selecting an Object
- Click the Model tab.
- Do either of the following: Click Home tab Layers panel Lock. Find. Click Home tab Layers panel Unlock. Find.
- Select an object on the layer that you want to lock or unlock.
How do I add a background mask to text attribute?
Double-click the attribute (text) and then click the ellipsis (…) as shown. You will now be taken to the text formatting editor. Right-click on the attribute (text) and select background mask from the menu as shown in Figure 3. Apply a background mask and select Use drawing backgrond color as shown in Figure 4.