Load the family into the project and place it. Click Modify tab Geometry panel Cut drop-down (Cut Geometry). Select the object to be cut. Select the instance with which to cut.
How do you cut a void in Revit?
Cutting with voids in families when loaded
- Open the Revit family with unattached voids and click Create tab Properties panel Family Category and Parameters.
- In the Family Category and Parameters dialog, select Cut With Voids when Loaded and click OK.
- Load the family into the project and place it.
Is there a trim tool in Revit?
Use the Trim and Extend tools to trim or extend one or more elements to a boundary defined by the same element type. You can also extend non-parallel elements to form a corner, or trim them to form a corner if they intersect.
How do you cut a line between two lines in Revit?
click Modify tab Modify panel (Trim/Extend Multiple Elements). Select the reference to use as a boundary. Then select each of the elements to trim or extend. For any elements that cross the boundary, the part that you click is retained.
How do you make a void family in Revit?
Create a Void Family with an Elliptic Profile
- Create a new family using the Metric Generic Model face based. …
- Select the 3D Front view.
- Click Create tab Datum panel (Reference Plane).
- Place a new horizontal reference plane in the middle of the slab extrusion:
- Select the new reference plane.
- In the Properties palette:
Where is Geometry in Revit?
On the Modify ribbon, in the Geometry panel, click Join Geometry. Revit prompts you to select the solid geometry to be joined. Select the floor and then the wall on the left.
What does cut with voids when loaded mean?
The process of cutting a solid architectural element by a family that contains Void, by using ‘cut with a void when loaded’ Well, the main purpose of using ‘cut with the void when loaded’ parameter is to cut solid architectural elements when loaded in a project.
How do you cut a hole in a countertop in Revit?
After adding a void to the sink family, you need to open Family Category and Parameter window and check the [Cut with Void when loaded] box. Upon placing the sink to top of the countertop, use Cut command on the Modify menu to cut the hole. You can also nest the sink to the countertop family as well.