1. To delete all construction lines, click Geometry > Delete All.
How do I remove a construction line in AutoCAD?
To Erase Construction Lines
- Use AMERASEALLCL to delete all construction lines from a current drawing.
- Use AMERASECL to delete selected construction lines from a current drawing. First corner of window: Select a point. Second corner of window: Select a point.
How do I delete hidden lines in AutoCAD?
Remove Hidden Lines When Plotting from a Layout Tab
- Select a layout viewport.
- Double-click the viewport border to display the Properties Inspector.
- On the Properties Inspector, click Shade Plot.
- In the Shade Plot drop-down list, select Hidden.
- Click OK to plot the drawing.
How do I remove extension lines in AutoCAD?
- Select the AEC dimension from which to remove dimension points.
- Click the Remove grip( ) on the extension line of each point to remove, or click AEC Dimension tab Modify panel Remove Ext. Lines .
How many types of lines are there in AutoCAD?
When you first start AutoCAD, the default template has only one linetype is available. This is the continuous linetype. AutoCAD has many more available, but only loads in one to start with in order to keep the drawing file size smaller. If you need a different linetype, you must load it into your current drawing.
How do you hide a viewport in AutoCAD?
- Switch to the layout that contains the viewport border that you do not want plotted.
- On the Object Properties toolbar, click the Layers toolbar button.
- In the Layers dialog box, click New.
- Name the new layer.
- Click the Freeze Layer icon for the new layer. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
When Should extension lines be broken?
Extension lines should extend 1/8 inch (3mm) beyond the last dimension line. Extension lines should be broken if they cross or are close to arrowheads. Leader lines used to dimension circles or arcs should be radial. Dimensions should be oriented to be read from the bottom of the drawing.
What is the dimension extension line?
Extension lines indicate the points between which the dimension figures apply. They are drawn perpendicular to the dimension lines, start with a visible gap (~1/32″) between them and the object, and terminate 1/8″ (3.2 mm) beyond the last arrowhead.
What are the 7 types of lines?
There are many types of lines: thick, thin, horizontal, vertical, zigzag, diagonal, curly, curved, spiral, etc. and are often very expressive.
What are the five basic types of lines?
There are 5 main types of lines in art: vertical lines, horizontal lines, diagonal lines, zigzag lines, and curved lines.
How many line types are there?
There are four commonly used line types; continuous. hidden.