Move a tool palette tab up and down the list of tabs by using the shortcut menu or Customize dialog box. Delete tool palettes that you no longer need. (Tool palettes that are deleted are lost unless they are first saved by exporting them to a file.)
How do I hide tool palettes in AutoCAD?
To Hide All Palettes and Windows
- At the Command prompt, enter HIDEPALETTES.
- To turn on palettes that you’ve hidden, at the Command prompt, enter SHOWPALETTES. If a palette has been turned back on manually and moved, it is not affected by SHOWPALETTES.
How do I change the tool palette in AutoCAD?
Right-click a blank area inside a tool palette and select View Options. In the View Options dialog box, modify the size and view style settings. Under Apply To, select Current Palette or All Palettes.
How do I restore the tool palette in AutoCAD?
Right click on the title spine of the Tool Palettes and choose Customize Palettes from the context menu. In the Customize dialog, you will find a list of the palettes available in the current AutoCAD Profile in the left list box, and the current Tool Palette Groups in the right list box.
How do you delete an AutoCAD view?
- Click View tab Viewports panel Named. Find.
- In the Viewports dialog box, Named Viewports tab, select the name of the viewport configuration you want to delete.
- Press the DELETE key.
How do I turn on the tool palette in AutoCAD?
Click Home tab Palettes panel Tool Palettes Find. In the Tool Palettes Window, on the title bar, click the Properties icon . From the bottom of the menu, select the tool palette to display.
How do I show the menu bar in AutoCAD?
To Display a Toolbar
- To display the menu, click Quick Access Toolbar drop-down > Show Menu Bar.
- To display a toolbar, click Tools menu > Toolbars and select the required toolbar.
How do I reset my AutoCAD settings?
To Reset the Application to the Default Settings
- Do one of the following: Windows 7: Click the Windows Start button (All) Programs Autodesk <Product Name> Reset Settings to Default. …
- In the Reset Settings – Backup message box, choose the option that you want.
How do I show properties in Autocad?
The Properties palette is an essential tool. You can open it with the PROPERTIES command (enter PR in the Command window), you can press Ctrl + 1, or you can click the tiny arrow in the Properties panel on the Home tab—whichever you prefer. The Properties palette displays a list of all the important property settings.
How do I delete a layout in AutoCAD?
To delete a layout tab manually you right click the layout and select delete. That’s a lot of picks and clicks. Notice all of the options included when you right-click. You can rename, create a new layout, insert a new layout from a template (HINT: does not have to be a .
How do I remove a viewport frame?
- Switch to the layout that contains the viewport border that you do not want plotted.
- On the Object Properties toolbar, click the Layers toolbar button.
- In the Layers dialog box, click New.
- Name the new layer.
- Click the Freeze Layer icon for the new layer. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
How do you edit a viewport in AutoCAD?
To Modify Layout Viewport Properties Using the Properties Palette
- Click the border of the layout viewport whose properties you want to modify.
- Click View tab Palettes panel Properties. Find.
- In the Properties palette, select the value for the property you want to modify. Enter a new value or select a new setting from the list provided.