Solution: Select objects in a drawing (use CTRL-A to select everything) and then type OVERKILL on the command line. Click OK on the Delete Duplicate Objects dialog window, adjusting settings as desired (the default options are usually sufficient). Overkill deletes information that is overlaying other items.
How do you hide lines in CAD?
Hide Lines in Layout Viewports
- Select the layout viewport in which you want to hide the lines.
- Click View tab Palettes panel Properties palette.
- On the Properties palette, under Misc, in the Shade Plot field, select Legacy Hidden.
How do I delete all lines in AutoCAD?
Do the join as mentioned to make sure each section is 1 polyline. Select 1 polyline and in properties there is an option that says “Closed” near the bottom with yes or no options. Pick closed Yes and it will close it.
How do you show hidden lines in AutoCAD 3d?
To show hidden lines in the current viewport
- Select the viewport in which you want to show hidden lines.
- Click Window menu > Properties Inspector.
- On the Properties Inspector, Misc area, Shade Plot list, select As Displayed.
What is a hidden line in AutoCAD?
When you create hidden line projections, the 3D objects that you select are copied and collected into an unnamed (also called anonymous) 2D block. The unnamed block can be placed in your drawing in the current 3D view, or placed parallel to the XY plane to be viewed in plan view.
How do I delete a line in AutoCAD 2019?
- Click Home tab Modify panel Erase. Find.
- At the Select Objects prompt, use a selection method to select the objects to be erased or enter an option: Enter L (Last) to erase the last object drawn. Enter p (Previous) to erase the last selection set. …
- Press Enter to end the command.
How do you delete a line in Inventor?
Removing Unwanted Lines from your Autodesk Inventor Sketch
- Go to sketch tab.
- Select Trim.
- Click on the lines that you want to remove.
What type of file can be saved to retain the batch plotting settings?
CAD files, Microsoft Office files, text files, and any other file type stored in the vault can be added to a plot list. Individual sheets from file formats that support sheets can be added to the list as well. Batch Plot provides support for the following files: Microsoft Word (.
How do you check if a polyline is closed?
Yes, there are two very easy ways to find the beginning of the polyline that appears closed: the PEDIT command and the Properties pallette. Use PEDIT to select the polyline, enter E for the Edit option.
What is fuzz distance in AutoCAD?
The fuzz factor is the distance AutoCAD should look from an unattached endpoint for another object. … AutoCAD can extend one or both lines to fill the gap, or simply add a segment to fill the gap; it may even need to do both.