You can activate block editor by double clicking a block OR select a block then right click> choose block editor from context menu. You can also choose edit from AutoCAD ribbon, home tab> block panel. One thing you must remember. When working with block editor, 0,0 is the insertion point.
How do I edit an existing block in Autocad?
To edit a block in-place, do any of the following: Right-click on the block and select Edit Block In-Place. Use the command REFEDIT to open the in-place block editor for a selected block. After editing, use the REFCLOSE command to close it.
How do I change a locked block in Autocad?
- Open the block in the Block Editor.
- In the Block Editor, make sure nothing is selected.
- In the Properties palette(Ctrl+1), under Block, select the Allow Exploding option.
- From the drop-down list, select Yes.
- On the Block Editor toolbar, click Save Block Definition.
How do I edit a block layer in Autocad?
To Change the Layer of Selected Objects
- Select the objects.
- Right-click in the drawing area, and choose Properties from the shortcut menu.
- In the Properties palette, click Layer, and then the down arrow.
- From the drop-down list, choose the layer that you want to assign to the objects.
- Press Esc to remove the selection.
How do I edit a Block property in Autocad?
To Edit Attribute Values and Properties for a Block Reference
- Click Home tab Block panel Edit Single Attribute. Find.
- In the drawing area, select the block you want to edit.
- In the Enhanced Attribute Editor, select the attribute you want to edit. …
- Make the attribute changes you want, and then do one of the following:
How do I edit a drawing in AutoCAD?
Editing PDF and Other Drawing File Formats in AutoCAD
- Open a new or existing drawing file.
- On the Application menu, choose Import → PDF.
- Press Enter.
- Browse to and select the desired PDF file using the file dialog box that has appeared.
- Click Open. The Import PDF dialog box appears.
- Click OK. For your first try, you probably want to go with the defaults.
How do you unlock a drawing in Autocad?
If you need to select or move the file, you can unlock it. Click an empty space on the diagram to deselect anything that may already be selected. Right-click, and then click CAD Drawing Object > Properties. Click to deselect the Lock size and position and Lock against deletion checkboxes.
What is Explode command in Autocad?
Breaks a compound object into its component objects. Explodes a compound object when you want to modify its components separately. Objects that can be exploded include blocks, polylines, and regions, among others. The color, linetype, and lineweight of any exploded object might change.
How do you explode a block without losing attributes?
Block Desk after exploding. If you’d like to explode a block with attributes and have them retain the assigned attribute value, then you’ll need to use the BURST command. Burst will explode the block back into individual objects and keep the attribute values!
How do you bypass a block color in AutoCAD?
To Change the Color of Blocks
- Use the INSERT command to add another instance of the block.
- Explode the new block.
- At the Command prompt, enter chprop. Select objects: Select the objects in the exploded block. …
- Redefine the block with the BLOCK command and select the objects in the exploded block.
What layer should blocks be created on?
How do I change the properties of a layer in AutoCAD?
Right-click, and then click CAD Drawing Object > Properties. Click the Layer tab.
Change AutoCAD layer properties
- Clicking the word Yes changes it to No.
- Clicking a color will open the Colors dialog, where you can specify a different color.
- Clicking the line weight lets you specify a new weight.
How do you move attributes in a block?
Just follow these steps:
- Select the block containing the attributes you want to move. You’ll see grips on each attribute.
- Click the grip of the attribute you want to move to make it hot (red).
- At the Specify stretch point: prompt, simply pick the new desired location.
How do you edit multiple blocks in AutoCAD?
Re: edit multiple blocks in one command? if you want everything by layer, you can use the setbylayer command, and it will give you the option to modify all blocks as well. Redefines all or selected blocks so that all entities are on layer ‘0’ (zero), with color ‘BYBLOCK’.