How do I edit a PGP in AutoCAD?
To Edit the Program Parameters (PGP) File
- Do one of the following: …
- In the text editor, add your new command aliases to the bottom of the file. …
- In AutoCAD or the AutoCAD-based product, at the Command prompt, enter reinit and press Enter.
- In the Re-initialization dialog box, click PGP file. …
- Test your new command alias and edit the PGP file as needed.
How do you customize a command in AutoCAD?
Edit a command
- In the Customize tab, do one of the following: In the Command List pane, select a command. In the Customizations In <file name> pane, locate and select a command under a user interface element.
- In the Properties pane, change the properties of the command.
What is command alias in AutoCAD?
A command alias is an abbreviation of a command name, which you can enter at the Command prompt instead of entering the entire command name. … You can change existing command aliases or add new ones. Windows: Edit acad. pgp (acadlt. pgp in AutoCAD LT) using an ASCII text editor (such as Notepad).
How do I change Autocad shortcuts?
Create or Modify a Shortcut key
- To create a shortcut key, in the Command List pane, drag a command to the Shortcut Keys node in the Customizations In <file name> pane.
- To modify a shortcut key, select a shortcut key from under the Shortcut Keys node.
Can we create our own alias in AutoCAD?
Instead scroll down to User Defined Command Aliases section and here you can create new aliases of your choice. If a command alias appears twice in this file then the one in the User Defined section takes precedence over the other. Which means any alias you enter for any command will override the default set alias.
What is modify command in AutoCAD?
Perform editing operations such as erase, move, and trim on the objects in a drawing. The most common of these tools are located on the Modify panel of the Home tab.
Where is the Customize tab in AutoCAD?
Create a Ribbon tab
In the Customize tab, Customizations In <file name> pane, click the plus sign (+) next to the Ribbon node to expand it. Right-click Tabs and click New Tab. A new ribbon tab (named New Tab) is placed at the bottom of the Tabs node.
What is AutoCAD Pline?
A polyline is a connected sequence of line segments created as a single object. You can create straight line segments, arc segments, or a combination of the two. … Absolute line width (as an alternative to relative lineweight) that can be constant or tapered across a segment.
How do I use shortcut keys in AutoCAD?
Keyboard Shortcut Keys
- Ctrl + N. You can use this shortcut to open a new drawing a tab in AutoCAD.
- Ctrl + S. You can use this keyboard shortcut to save a drawing file.
- Ctrl + Shift + S. …
- Ctrl + 0. …
- Ctrl + 1. …
- Ctrl + 2. …
- Ctrl + 9. …
- Ctrl + C.
How do I bring up the menu bar in AutoCAD?
- At the top-left of the application window, on the right end of the Quick Access toolbar, click the drop-down menu Show Menu Bar.
- At the Command prompt, enter MENUBAR. Enter 1 to display the menu bar.
How do I customize my function keys?
Assigning keys to functions
- Start from a host session window.
- Click Edit > Preference > Keyboard, or click the Remap button on the toolbar.
- Click the Key Assignment tab.
- Select a Category.
- Select the function you want to assign a key to.
- Click Assign a Key.
How do you customize a shortcut?
Use a mouse to assign or remove a keyboard shortcut
- Go to File > Options > Customize Ribbon.
- At the bottom of the Customize the Ribbon and keyboard shortcuts pane, select Customize.
- In the Save changes in box, select the current document name or template that you want to save the keyboard shortcut changes in.
What are the function keys use in AutoCAD?
Basic AutoCAD Function Keys
- F1. This function key opens the AutoCAD Help window. …
- F2. This key opens a pop-up screen showing the command line on the bottom. …
- F3. This command automatically activates the O snap feature of AutoCAD. …
- F4. This key will open the O snap feature while working in 3 dimensional. …
- F5. …
- F6. …
- F7. …