You can use the command CUIEXPORT to save a number of customized settings–including your workspaces, to either an enterprise or to a partial CUI file. Look at the right side of the dialog box that appears after typing in the command, and at the top you will see a pulldown that includes the saveas option.
How do I transfer my AutoCAD workspace to a new computer?
- Type CUI in the Command line on the old (or first) computer and press Enter.
- Select the Transfer tab in the Customize User Interface dialog box. …
- You should now see your workspace listed under Workspaces in the right pane. …
- Insert the external hard drive into the new (or second) computer.
Where does AutoCAD save workspaces?
To save all workspace variables to a MAT-file, on the Home tab, in the Variable section, click Save Workspace. To save a subset of your workspace variables to a MAT-file, select the variables in the Workspace browser, right-click, and then select Save As.
How do I save my workspace in AutoCAD 2018?
Save a custom Workspace as opposed to relying on differing AutoCAD profiles. Use the WSSAVE command or click “Save Current As” in the Workspace menu on the status bar.
How do I export my workspace?
1. Click File > Manage Session > Server management and select an active workspace. 2. Click Workspace > Export Workspace in the Server Management dialog box or right-click the workspace in the folder navigator and click Export Workspace.
What is AutoCAD workspace?
Workspaces are sets of menus, toolbars, palettes, and ribbon control panels that are grouped and organized so that you can work in a custom, task-oriented drawing environment. When you use a workspace, only the menus, toolbars, and palettes that are relevant to a task are displayed.
What is CUI file in AutoCAD?
The Customize User Interface (CUI) Editor allows you to modify many of the user interface elements that are used to start a command in the program. Customizing the user interface allows you to change the placement of the tools that you commonly use, and to add new tools that can improve your productivity.
How many work spaces are in AutoCAD?
How many workspaces are available in AutoCAD? Explanation: There are three workspaces available to switch between in AutoCAD. These are drafting and annotation, 3D basics and 3D modelling.
How do I save my AutoCAD profile?
Save a Profile
- Click Application button Options.
- In the Options dialog box, Profiles tab, click Add to List.
- In the Add Profiles dialog box, enter a Profile name and Description.
- Click Apply & Close to record the current option settings in the system registry and close the dialog box.
How do I save my AutoCAD settings?
In the AutoCAD application window, click the Application Menu button and then click Options. 2. In the Options dialog box, Profiles tab, in the Available Profiles list, select the profile to export and click Export.
How do I save changes in AutoCAD?
Set the default file save format in your AutoCAD options:
- Type OPTIONS in the AutoCAD command line.
- In the Options dialog box, go to the Open and Save tab.
- In the File Save area, click the Save as drop-down menu.
- Select the desired file format.
- Click OK.
How do I change my workspace in AutoCAD 2018?
Change Workspace Settings
- On the status bar, click Workspace Switching, and select Workspace Settings.
- In the Workspace Settings dialog box, change workspace settings as needed.
How do I change AutoCAD 2018 to classic view?
You can easily recreate the AutoCAD Classic workspace. To display the menu, click Quick Access Toolbar drop-down > Show Menu Bar.
To save the workspace:
- Click Tools menu > Workspaces > Save Current As.
- In the Save Workspace dialog box, in the Name box, type AutoCAD Classic.
- Click Save.