Solution: Make sure no blocks are present in model and paper space that contain the xref, then issue the PURGE command to remove the block definitions. The xref should then detach via the xref palette.
How do you use xrefs in AutoCAD?
Attach an Xref
- Click Insert tab Reference panel Attach. Find.
- In the Select Reference File dialog box, select one or more files you want to attach and then click Open.
- In the Attach External Reference dialog box, under Reference Type, select Attachment.
- Specify the insertion point, scale, and rotation angle. …
- Click OK.
How do you get rid of xref borders in AutoCAD?
Delete. Removes a clipping boundary for the selected xref or block. To temporarily turn off a clipping boundary, use the Off option. Delete erases the clipping boundary and the clipdepth.
How do I get rid of xref scales in AutoCAD?
Re: Xref Plot Scale List removal. If you simply want to restore the standard scales, then type -SCALELISTEDIT at the command prompt (notice the minus sign in front). Follow the prompts at the command line to reset the scale list. This will remove all scales & install the standard AutoCAD scales.
What is XRefs?
An XRef is an ‘external reference’ to another AutoCAD drawing file. One file can reference many other files and display them as if they were one. … XRefs can be updated, added, or unattached from the main drawing at any time. You can XRef drawings that they themselves XRef other drawings (nesting).
What is XRefs in AutoCAD?
“External Reference” (“Xref”) is just fancy AutoCAD-speak for a document you attach to a drawing.
How do I hide a viewport border in AutoCAD?
- Switch to the layout that contains the viewport border that you do not want plotted.
- On the Object Properties toolbar, click the Layers toolbar button.
- In the Layers dialog box, click New.
- Name the new layer.
- Click the Freeze Layer icon for the new layer. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
How do I remove a border in AutoCAD?
To Show or Hide Image Boundaries
- Click Modify menu Object Image Frame.
- To hide image boundaries, enter 0; to show and plot image boundaries, enter 1; to show image boundaries but not plot them, enter 2.
How do I turn on the viewport frame in AutoCAD?
Go to the layout tab that contains the problem viewport. From the Properties palette, select the Quick Select button on the top right. On the Quick Select dialog box, set the Object type to Viewport and click OK.
How do you delete a scale list in Autocad?
Then click the three dots to the right of this box. This will pop up the Annotation Object Scale dialog box, where you can select Scales in the box on the left, and delete them with the delete button on the right.
What layer should xrefs be on?
Therefore, the only thing that should ever be created or inserted on Layer 0, especially in xrefs, is xrefs (and these should be overlaid, not attached). Never create entities on Layer 0, except those which will be turned into blocks.
Can you explode an xref?
You cannot explode an xref, however, you can explode a block. First convert the xref into a block by binding it to the drawing then explode it.
Why can I not detach XREF?
Make sure no blocks are present in model and paper space that contain the xref, then issue the PURGE command to remove the block definitions. The xref should then detach via the xref palette.