Enter CUI on the command line to open the Customize User Interface dialog box. On the Transfer tab, in the right panel, open the newly created CUI file. Select the workspace you want to import and drag the workspace into the Workspaces section of the Main CUI file in the left panel.
How do I use CUI in AutoCAD?
About the Customize User Interface (CUI) Editor
- Customize. The Customize tab allows you to create and manage the commands and elements that make up many of the features in the user interface.
- Transfer. The Transfer tab allows you to create and save a CUIx file, and copy user interface elements between CUIx files.
Where are AutoCAD CUI files saved?
The default location for CUIx files depends on the AutoCAD version. For example: AutoCAD: C:Users<user>AppDataRoamingAutodeskAutoCAD 20xxRxx.
How do I open CUI files?
To load a main CUI file
- Click the Load Menu tool button ( ) on the Tools toolbar.
- Choose Load Menu in the Tools menu.
- Type menu in the command bar, then press Enter.
- Open the Customize dialog, then click the Browse button.
- Open the Customize dialog, then choose Load main CUI file … in the File menu.
How do I add a workspace in AutoCAD?
Create and Customize a Workspace
- Click Manage tab Customization panel User Interface. …
- In the Customize tab, Customizations In <file name> pane, right-click the Workspaces node and click New Workspace. …
- Right-click Workspace1. …
- In the Workspace Contents pane, click Customize Workspace.
What is a CUI file?
Files with the CUI extension are definition files for AutoCAD menus (since version 2006). These XML format files replace the original MNU, MNS, MNC menu definition files (MNR and MNL remain unchanged).
What are the benefits of using AutoCAD?
8 Advantages of AutoCAD
- Draw to Scale. One of the main benefits of AutoCAD is that it allows you to draw to scale. …
- Easy Layout and Viewing. …
- Draw Accurately. …
- Make Changes Easily and Reduce Risk of Error. …
- Identify Design Problems. …
- Calculate Material Quantities for Production. …
- Store and Transfer Data Safely. …
- Save Time and Money.
How do I copy AutoCAD settings to another computer?
Import the settings into the new version of AutoCAD on the new computer:
- Windows 10 and 8.1: Start > AutoCAD 20xx > Import AutoCAD 20xx Settings.
- Windows 7 and XP: Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD 20xx > Migrate Custom Settings > Import AutoCAD Settings.
What is CUIx file in AutoCAD?
Customization (CUIx) files define elements that make up the user interface and are edited using the Customize User Interface (CUI) Editor. … AutoCAD-based products have two main designations for CUIx files, main and enterprise; by default the main CUIx file is loaded.
Can you transfer AutoCAD from one computer to another?
How to transfer Autocad from one computer to another. Download Zinstall WinWin on both computers. … Run Zinstall WinWin on the old computer. Run Zinstall WinWin on the new computer.
What are the 3 workspaces offered in AutoCAD?
You work between the model space, the model tab, and the paper space, also known as your layout tabs. There are also workspaces available in AutoCAD as well. Those workspaces are generated down here from the status bar, and you’ll notice the default ones there are drafting and annotation, 3D basics, and 3D modeling.
How do you import a workspace?
To import a workspace
- On the Home page, on the left panel, clickImport Workspace. In the opened dialog, select the desired workspace file and click Open.
- In Windows File Explorer, double-click the workspace file.
What is the default workspace in AutoCAD?
In AutoCAD Architecture 2021 toolset, a workspace is the basic user interface that includes those controls, commands, and palettes you need for your architectural process. When you first start AutoCAD Architecture 2021 toolset, the default Architecture workspace is displayed.