What is a pc3 file?
A PC3 file – the short name for “Plotter Configuration Version 3” – contains settings for a particular plotter on your network. When you create a PC3 file, you’re configuring that plotter to always print in a specific way. These files contain settings such as: Graphic settings, such as Lines Overwrite or Lines Merge.
Where are AutoCAD pc3 files located?
(By default, PC3 files are stored in the Plotters folder. To find the location of your plotter files, on the Tools menu, click Options. In the Options dialog box, Files tab, click the plus sign to the left of Printer Support File Path. Click the plus sign to the left of the Printer Configuration Search Path file.
What is pc3 AutoCAD?
A plotter configuration file, or PC3 file, enables you to configure a plotter and to save the settings for later use. You can set up multiple configuration files for the same plotter by selecting a different configuration in the Plot dialog box.
How do you import a file into AutoCAD?
Do the following from within AutoCAD:
- Type IMPORT in the command line.
- Locate the folder containing the STEP file.
- Select the file and click OK.
- A window might pop up indicating that the import process is working in the background.
How do I insert PostScript in AutoCAD?
To Plot a PostScript File
- Make sure you have configured a plotter driver for PostScript file output.
- Click Output tab Plot panel Plot. …
- In the Plot dialog box, under Printer/Plotter, in the Name box, select a PostScript format configuration.
- Select plot settings for the PostScript file as needed.
- Click OK.
How do I view a DWG file?
Navigate to https://a360.autodesk.com/viewer in a web browser. A360 is a free online tool available from AutoDesk. It allows you to view any DWG file without having to install software or browser plug-ins.
How do I change the default printer in AutoCAD 2018?
- Run Options.
- Go to Plot and Publish tab.
- Under Default plot settings for new drawings, select Use as default output device.
- Select the plotter you want as a default.
- Click OK.
How do I change the default plotter in AutoCAD?
In the Options dialog box, select the Plot and Publish tab . Click Plot Style Table Settings . Under Default Plot Style, select either Use Color-Dependent Plot Styles or Use Named Plot Styles . Select the default plot style table from the drop-down list .
- Click OK.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
How do I add a plotter in AutoCAD 2020?
Click the plus sign to the left of the Printer Configuration Search Path file. Under Printer Configuration Search Path, click the path name to view the location of your plotter files.) Choose Edit Plotter Configuration from within the Add-a-Plotter wizard. Choose Properties in the Page Setup dialog box.
How do I install a printer in AutoCAD 2007?
- Click Application menu Print Manage Plotters. …
- Double-click the Add-a-Plotter Wizard shortcut icon.
- On the Begin page, select System Printer. …
- On the System Printer page, select the system printer for which you want to create a plotter configuration file.
How do I add a plot style in AutoCAD?
- Click Application menu Print Manage Plot Styles. Find.
- Double-click the STB file you want to edit.
- In the Plot Style Table Editor, Form View tab, right-click the plot style that you want to copy. …
- Right-click a plot style. …
- In the Add Plot Style dialog box, enter the name of the plot style.
- Click Save & Close.
How do you create a plotter in AutoCAD?
Select a Printer or Plotter for a Layout
Click the layout tab for which you want to specify a printer or plotter. In the Page Setup Manager, Page Setups area, select the page setup that you want to modify. Click Modify. In the Page Setup dialog box, under Printer/Plotter, select a printer or plotter from the list.
What files can you import into AutoCAD?
Supported CAD File FormatsFormatExtensionFile Format VersionAutoCAD.dwg, .dxfUp to AutoCAD 2017MicroStation (SE, J, V8 & XM).dgn .prp .prwv7, v83D Studio.3ds .prjUp to Autodesk 3ds Max 2017ACIS SAT.sat .sabAll ASM SAT. Up to ACIS SAT v7Ещё 23 строки
How do I open a DWG file without AutoCAD?
Adobe Acrobat DC is a PDF solution that allows you to convert, sign, send and manage documents. It’s really easy to use too – from Windows Explorer, simply locate the DWG file, right-click, and select “Convert to Adobe PDF”. With one click, you now have a PDF file that can be viewed by anyone with Adobe Reader.9 мая 2016 г.
What file type does AutoCAD use?