How do I change the layout of a view in AutoCAD?
You can make changes to the viewport, the clipping boundary, or both.
Redefine a layout viewport boundary
- Click a layout tab.
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Clip. …
- Select either an existing object to designate as the new viewport boundary, or specify the points of a new boundary. …
- Click OK.
How do I use the Layout tab in AutoCAD?
Open the Options window by typing OPTIONS on the command line or clicking the Options button under the AutoCAD application menu at the top-left, click the Display tab, and then under the Layout elements section, enable the checkbox “Display Layout and Model tabs” and then click OK.
How do you activate a viewport in AutoCAD?
To select a viewport that is completely contained within another viewport in a layout, double-click within the larger viewport to activate it, then use CTRL+R to switch activated viewports until the desired viewport is selected. The viewports will shift according to the order in which the viewports were created.
How do I change the view port?
To edit a design layer displayed in a viewport:
- Select the viewport.
- Select Modify > Edit Viewport. …
- Click Design Layer and select the design layer to edit from the list.
- Choose how the design layer will display. …
- If the viewport has been cropped, select Add Reference Crop Object to display the crop on the design layer.
How do I scale a layout in AutoCAD?
Using the Properties palette . . .
- Select the layout viewport that you want to modify.
- Right-click, and then choose Properties.
- If necessary, click Display Locked and choose No.
- In the Properties palette, select Standard Scale, and then select a new scale from the list. The scale you choose is applied to the viewport.
What is the Layout tab in AutoCAD?
A layout is a 2D working environment for creating drawing sheets. The area within a layout is called paper space, where you can add a title block, display scaled views of model space within layout viewports, and create tables, schedules, notes, and dimensions for your drawing.
How do I fix AutoCAD layout?
To Set the Paper Size for a Layout
- Click the layout tab for which you want to set the paper size.
- Click Output tab Plot panel Page Setup Manager. …
- In the Page Setup Manager, Page Setups area, select the page setup that you want to modify.
- Click Modify.
- In the Page Setup dialog box, under Paper Size, select a paper size from the list.
What is the difference between model and layout in AutoCAD?
A layout page can have multiple viewports, but for now, we will keep it at one. In the layout there is a difference between ‘model space’ and ‘paper space’, in model space we can move and scale the viewports. In model space, the scale of the model can be adjusted.
How do I fix the viewport in AutoCAD?
How to Lock the Viewport in AutoCAD 2014
- Verify that you’re in paper space. (Check the UCS icon or move the crosshairs.)
- Select the boundary of the viewport whose arrangement you want to protect. …
- Click the Lock/Unlock Viewport button to lock the viewport scale.
How do you show viewport in model space?
Click the – or + control, and then the Viewport Configuration List to change the number and arrangement of viewports. Press CTRL while dragging viewport boundaries to display the green splitter bar and create new viewports. Alternatively, you can drag the outermost splitter controls.
How do I enable ViewCube in AutoCAD?
Show or Hide the ViewCube by Visual Style
- Right-click the drawing area and choose Options.
- On the 3D Modeling tab, under Display Tools In Viewport Display The ViewCube, click or clear: 2D Wireframe Visual Style. All Other Visual Styles.
How do you make an irregular shaped viewport?
To Create a Nonrectangular Layout Viewport
- If necessary, click a layout tab.
- Set the current layer to a layer that’s reserved for layout viewports (recommended). The border visibility of layout viewports is controlled by layer visibility.
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Rectangular, Polygonal, or Object.
- Follow the prompts.
How do you hide a viewport in AutoCAD?
- Switch to the layout that contains the viewport border that you do not want plotted.
- On the Object Properties toolbar, click the Layers toolbar button.
- In the Layers dialog box, click New.
- Name the new layer.
- Click the Freeze Layer icon for the new layer. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
How do I stretch a viewport in AutoCAD?
- Click the frame of the main viewport once to select it.
- Drag the blue squares to resize the viewport.
- Click again to set the new size. …
- To move an adjacent arrows after you resize the viewport, click the arrow once to select it.