What is CUIx file in AutoCAD?
Customization (CUIx) files define elements that make up the user interface and are edited using the Customize User Interface (CUI) Editor. … AutoCAD-based products have two main designations for CUIx files, main and enterprise; by default the main CUIx file is loaded.
Where is Acad CUIx located?
The default location for CUIx files depends on the AutoCAD version. For example: AutoCAD: C:Users<user>AppDataRoamingAutodeskAutoCAD 20xxRxx.
How do I import a CUI file into AutoCAD?
Enter CUI on the command line to open the Customize User Interface dialog box. On the Transfer tab, in the right panel, open the newly created CUI file. Select the workspace you want to import and drag the workspace into the Workspaces section of the Main CUI file in the left panel.
How do I add a workspace in AutoCAD?
Create and Customize a Workspace
- Click Manage tab Customization panel User Interface. …
- In the Customize tab, Customizations In <file name> pane, right-click the Workspaces node and click New Workspace. …
- Right-click Workspace1. …
- In the Workspace Contents pane, click Customize Workspace.
How do I use CUI in AutoCAD?
About the Customize User Interface (CUI) Editor
- Customize. The Customize tab allows you to create and manage the commands and elements that make up many of the features in the user interface.
- Transfer. The Transfer tab allows you to create and save a CUIx file, and copy user interface elements between CUIx files.
How do I save a CUIx file?
Create a Customization (CUIx) File from Scratch
- In the Transfer tab, in the right pane, click the Create a New Customization File button.
- In the right pane, select Save As from the drop-down list.
- In the Save As dialog box, specify the location to save the new customization file to and enter a name in the File Name box.
How do I load tabs and panels in AutoCAD?
- Switch to a different workspace and then back again (see Workspace Switching (Status Bar Button) | AutoCAD).
- Switch to a different profile and then back again (Options > Profiles).
- Reload the main CUI file: Type in the CUILOAD command. Click the Browse button. Select the ACAD. CUIX file and then click Load.
How do I edit a CUIx file?
Modify an Enterprise Customization (CUIx) File
Take note of the current main CUIx file’s name and location as you will need to restore it later. Select the item below Main Customization Files and click Browse. In the Select a File dialog box, browse to and select the enterprise customization file. Click Open.
How do I reset AutoCAD to default settings?
Scroll to the Autodesk section, and click <Product Name> Reset Settings to Default. Windows 10: On the Windows Start menu, click All Apps Autodesk Reset Settings to Default.
Where are AutoCAD profiles stored?
How do I copy AutoCAD settings to another computer?
Import the settings into the new version of AutoCAD on the new computer:
- Windows 10 and 8.1: Start > AutoCAD 20xx > Import AutoCAD 20xx Settings.
- Windows 7 and XP: Start > All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD 20xx > Migrate Custom Settings > Import AutoCAD Settings.
How do I move AutoCAD from one computer to another?
How to transfer Autocad from one computer to another
- Download Zinstall WinWin on both computers. …
- Run Zinstall WinWin on the old computer.
- Run Zinstall WinWin on the new computer.
- If you’d like to select which applications and files you want to transfer, press the Advanced menu.
What are the 3 workspaces offered in AutoCAD?
You work between the model space, the model tab, and the paper space, also known as your layout tabs. There are also workspaces available in AutoCAD as well. Those workspaces are generated down here from the status bar, and you’ll notice the default ones there are drafting and annotation, 3D basics, and 3D modeling.
How do you increase area in AutoCAD?
Toggle the display of the menu bar, status bar, and command window when you want to expand the size of the drawing area (Ctrl + 0).
What is the default workspace in AutoCAD?
In AutoCAD Architecture 2021 toolset, a workspace is the basic user interface that includes those controls, commands, and palettes you need for your architectural process. When you first start AutoCAD Architecture 2021 toolset, the default Architecture workspace is displayed.