How do you lock something in Revit?
Open the Revit Server Administrator. In the tree control, select the item, and click (lock). Note: If you use the command-line utility to apply a lock, the lock icon displays after a refresh operation, and information about the model in use displays in the right pane.
How do you pin a grid line in Revit?
- On the ribbon, click (Grid). Architecture tab Datum panel (Grid) Structure tab Datum panel (Grid)
- Click Modify | Place Grid tab Draw panel and select a sketch option. Use (Pick Lines) to snap the grid to an existing line, such as a wall. …
- Click when the grid is the correct length.
How do I lock a section view in Revit?
To lock the view, go to the View Control Bar at the bottom of the Revit interface and click on the little house with the padlock (Lock 3D View). Click this icon and choose the ‘Save Orientation and Lock View’ option.
Where is reference line in Revit?
In the Family Editor, click Create tab Datum panel (Reference Line). Using the drawing tools, sketch the line. The line displays as a solitary solid line until selected or when highlighted during preselection.
How do you lock an extrusion to reference a plane?
Reference planes are used as construction and guide lines. While in a sketch mode (or after finishing the sketch), a line in an extrusion can be locked with the reference plane it’s on top of by using the align tool to click both lines and then clicking the lock icon (see Figure 11).
Can you lock walls in Revit?
See Move Lines and Components with Walls. To pin and element, do one of the following: Select the elements to be pinned, and then click Modify |
How do you lock a column in Revit?
Lock Columns to a Grid
- Select the columns to lock to the grid.
- On the Properties palette, under the Constraints section, select the following: Vertical Columns: Moves with Grids. …
- Click Apply. Locked vertical columns may still be moved and modified but they will proportionately move with the grid if it is repositioned.
How do I lock a family in Revit?
You can’t lock a family, BUT, You can lock a family workset, so other will not be able to modify them. Simply make the families workset editable, and don’t relinquish that workset.
Can you save a 3D view in Revit?
Use the SteeringWheels tool to save a view. If SteeringWheels are not displayed in the drawing area, click (Full Navigation Wheel) on the navigation bar. Right-click the SteeringWheels, and click Save View. Enter a name for the new 3D view, and click OK.
How do I lock the orientation of a 3D view in Revit?
How To Lock a 3D View
- Create and save the 3D view so it appears in the project browser.
- Setup the 3D view to how you want it to look.
- To lock the 3D View click the “Locked 3D View” button found at the bottom of Revit, it looks like a house with a padlock.