How do you clip in AutoCAD?
To Clip an Xref
- Select an xref.
- Click External Reference tab > Clipping panel > Create Clipping Boundary.
- If prompted, specify yes to delete any existing boundary.
- Select a polyline or specify a rectangular or polygonal clipping boundary.
How do you create a clipping mask in AutoCAD?
To Mask a Drawing Area
- Click Annotate tab Markup panel Wipeout. Find.
- Specify points in a sequence that defines the perimeter of the area to be masked. You can also enter p and click an existing polyline to use. The polyline must be closed, contain line segments only, and have zero width.
- Press Enter to end the command.
What is clipping boundary in AutoCAD?
The clipping boundary determines a portion of an image, underlay, viewport, or external reference to hide. The visibility of the clipping boundary is controlled by the FRAME system variable. The list of prompts varies depending on whether you are clipping an underlay, image, external reference, or viewport.
How do I hide xref clipping boundaries?
Delete. Removes a clipping boundary for the selected xref or block. To temporarily turn off a clipping boundary, use the Off option.
How do I hide a clip in AutoCAD?
To Show or Hide Image Boundaries
- Click Modify menu Object Image Frame.
- To hide image boundaries, enter 0; to show and plot image boundaries, enter 1; to show image boundaries but not plot them, enter 2.
How do you use clip commands?
Overview: The clip command copies all output from a command to the Windows Clipboard. You can then paste the Clipboard contents into to any Windows application, such as into Windows Notepad or Microsoft Word, typically by pressing Ctrl-V (or selecting menu item Edit > Paste) in that program.
How do you mask references in AutoCAD?
- Click Modify menu > Clip > Xref.
- Select an xref.
- At the prompt, specify New Boundary by pressing Enter.
- Select a polyline or specify a rectangular or polygonal clipping boundary. …
- (Optional) Use the Invert Clip option to change the area to be hidden from outside to inside the clipping boundary.
What is the wipeout command in AutoCAD?
Creates a polygonal area that masks underlying objects with the current background color. The wipeout area is bounded by a frame that you can turn on or off. You can also choose to display the frame on screen and have it hidden for plotting.
Can you trim an xref in AutoCAD?
Select an xref. Click External Reference tab > Clipping panel > Create Clipping Boundary. If prompted, specify yes to delete any existing boundary. Select a polyline or specify a rectangular or polygonal clipping boundary.
How do I crop a PDF in AutoCAD?
To Clip a PDF Underlay
- Select a PDF underlay. Right-click in the drawing area and click Clip PDF.
- At the command prompt, Enter s (Select Polyline), p (Polygonal), r (Rectangular), or i (Invert Clip) and then, draw the specified boundary on the underlay.
How do I edit Xclip boundaries in AutoCAD?
To Change the Boundary of a Clipped Image
- Click Modify menu Clip Image.
- Select the image to clip by selecting the image boundary.
- Enter n (New Boundary).
- Enter n (No) or y (Yes) to delete the old boundary.
- Enter p (Polygonal) or r (Rectangular), and then draw the new boundary on the image.