In MODEL SPACE place a wipeout behind all of the objects in the drawing. Now in paper space your viewports will all have a mask. Use “draworder” on the viewports to control which one is masked.
How do I import a viewport in AutoCAD?
- Open the drawing that you want to import a layout into.
- Right click on a layout tab and select “From Template…”
- Change the Files of type to “Drawing (*.dwg)”
- Browse to the drawing that you want to import the layout tab from.
- Select the Layout(s) from the Insert Layout(s) dialog and select OK.
How do I toggle between viewports in AutoCAD?
To select a viewport that is completely contained within another viewport in a layout, double-click within the larger viewport to activate it, then use CTRL+R to switch activated viewports until the desired viewport is selected. The viewports will shift according to the order in which the viewports were created.
How do you manipulate a viewport in AutoCAD?
You can make changes to the viewport, the clipping boundary, or both.
Redefine a layout viewport boundary
- Click a layout tab.
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Clip. …
- Select either an existing object to designate as the new viewport boundary, or specify the points of a new boundary. …
- Click OK.
How do you add a viewport?
- Click View tab Viewports panel New.
- In the Viewports dialog box, New Viewports tab, under Standard Viewports, select Single.
- Click to specify one corner of the new layout viewport.
- Click to specify the opposite corner. A new layout viewport object is available and displays a default view.
What is a viewport in Autocad?
Layout viewports are objects that display views of model space. You create, scale, and place them in paper space on a layout. On each layout, you can create one or more layout viewports. Each layout viewport is like a closed circuit TV monitor of a view of the model at a scale and orientation that you specify.
How do I enable ViewCube in AutoCAD?
Show or Hide the ViewCube by Visual Style
- Right-click the drawing area and choose Options.
- On the 3D Modeling tab, under Display Tools In Viewport Display The ViewCube, click or clear: 2D Wireframe Visual Style. All Other Visual Styles.
How do I select a layout in AutoCAD?
Follow these steps:
- Click the desired layout tab.
- Click the Layout tab of the Ribbon menu. …
- In the Layout panel, click Page Setup. …
- Click New. …
- Type a suitable name and click OK. …
- Specify the printer you want to use, its paper size, and so on, but leave the Plot Area drop-down list set at Layout. …
- Click OK.
How do I change AutoCAD layout to model?
To Export a Layout View to Model Space
- At the bottom of the drawing area, click the Layout tab of the layout you want to export.
- Right-click the tab, and select Export Layout To Model from the context menu. The Export Layout To Model Space Drawing dialog box appears. …
- Select a folder location, enter a name for your exported layout, and then click Save.
How do you unlock a viewport?
- In layout view select the boundary of one Viewport.
- Click the customization button at the bottom right of the screen.
- Enable the viewport lock from the drop-up list.
How do you adjust a viewport?
To Modify Layout Viewport Properties Using the Properties Palette
- Click the border of the layout viewport whose properties you want to modify.
- Click View tab Palettes panel Properties. Find.
- In the Properties palette, select the value for the property you want to modify. Enter a new value or select a new setting from the list provided.
What is viewport overrides in AutoCAD?
You can now apply overrides for color, linetype, lineweight, and plot style to layers in individual layout viewports. This is an efficient way to display objects with different property settings in individual viewports without changing their ByLayer or ByBlock properties.
How do I turn a polyline into a viewport?
The prompts are the same as the prompts for creating a polyline.
- If necessary, click a layout tab.
- Set the current layer to a layer that’s reserved for layout viewports (recommended). …
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Rectangular, Polygonal, or Object.
- Follow the prompts.
Why can’t I see my viewport in Autocad?
In the Layer Properties Manager, make sure the layer that contains the viewport geometry is not turned off or frozen. … If other viewports are in the layout tab, remove them from the selection set by holding down the Shift key and selecting each visible viewport, leaving just the invisible viewport selected.
How do you add vertices to a viewport in Autocad?
If you create polygonal viewports or convert objects to a viewport, you can use the standard pedit on them and then V for vertices and then I for insert.