What is the distance from the dimension line to the bottom of the text?
The distance from the dimension line to the baseline of the lowest line of text is the current text gap.
How do I make text horizontal dimensions in Autocad?
To Create a Horizontal or Vertical Dimension
- To rotate the extension lines, enter r (Rotated). Then enter the dimension line angle.
- To edit the text, enter m (multiline text). In the In-place Text Editor, revise the text. Click OK. …
- To rotate the text, enter a (Angle). Then enter the text angle.
How do you stack dimension text in Autocad?
If you create a dimension, double-click it (or enter DDEDIT then select it) to edit the text, you can add a 2nd line of text below the dimension value by entering X and then the string you want to add, or just move the cursor to the end of the text and hit Enter on the keyboard to enter a 2nd line of text.6 мая 2013 г.
What is a Dimension line?
The dimension line is a fine, dark, solid line with arrowheads on each end. It indicates direction and extent of a dimension. In machine sketches and drawings, in which fractions and decimals are used for dimensions, the dimension line is usually broken near the middle to provide open space for the dimension numerals.
What is a hidden line?
A hidden line, also known as a hidden object line is a medium weight line, made of short dashes about 1/8” long with 1/16”gaps, to show edges, surfaces and corners which cannot be seen. Sometimes they are used to make a drawing easier to understand. Often they are omitted in an isometric view.
How do you rotate text size?
To rotate the dimension text
Choose Rotate Dimension Text in the Dimensions menu. Type Dimedit in the command bar, press Enter, then type R and press Enter.
Why are my dimensions upside down in AutoCAD?
When you draw a dimension it takes on the characteristics of the UCS that was current when the dimension was created. … If after placing the dimension the UCS is changed, depending in which rotation, the text can appear as being ‘upside down’.
How do you rotate text size in AutoCAD 2019?
To Rotate Dimension Text
- Click Drafting tab > Dimension panel > Dimension Text Edit drop-down > Angle .
- Select the dimension to edit.
- Enter the new angle for the text.
How do you stack fractions override in Autocad?
To create stacked fractions as you type, open the Multiline Text Editor and follow these steps:
- Type the numerator.
- Type the character that defines the fraction format you want: Type a slash (/) to create a fraction separated by a horizontal line. …
- Type the denominator.
- Type a space (or other nonnumeric character).
What are the 8 rules of dimensioning?
Terms in this set (8)
- Rule 1: Dimensions should not be duplicated, nor should the same info be given in two different ways.
- Rule 2: Dimensions should be attached to the view that best shows the contour of the feature being dimensioned.
- Rule 3: …
- Rule 4: …
- Rule 5: …
- Rule 6: …
- Rule 7: …
- Rule 8:
What are the two basic types of dimensions?
There are two classifications of dimensions: size and location.
- Size dimensions are placed in direct relationship to a feature to identify the specific size.
- Location dimensions are used to identify the relationship of a feature to another feature within an object.
What are the applications of Dimension?
We make use of dimensional analysis for three prominent reasons: To check the consistency of a dimensional equation. To derive the relation between physical quantities in physical phenomena. To change units from one system to another.