How do I remove a viewport layer override?
Make the layout viewport active in which you want to remove all viewport layer overrides. If necessary, open the Layer Properties Manager by clicking Home tab Layers panel Layer Properties. In the list of layers, right-click any layer name or status icon, and click Remove Viewport Overrides for All Layers.
How do I remove a viewport override in AutoCAD?
- On a layout, double-click inside a layout viewport to make it the current viewport.
- Click Home tab Layers panel Layer Properties. Find.
- In the Layer Properties Manager, right-click the property override that you want to remove. …
- Click Remove Viewport Overrides For [ property name ] In All Viewports.
How do you edit a viewport in AutoCAD?
Redefine a layout viewport boundary
- Click a layout tab.
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Clip. …
- Select either an existing object to designate as the new viewport boundary, or specify the points of a new boundary. …
- Click OK.
How do you control layers in viewport?
To Control Drawing Viewport Layers (AutoCAD Mechanical Toolset)
- In the drawing area, right-click and choose Edit View.
- Select the view to edit.
- In the Edit View dialog box, choose the Display tab.
- Choose Advanced Layer Control.
How do you override XREF?
You can change or override the visibility, color, linetype, and other properties of an xref’s layers and define how you want those changes handled when the xref is reloaded. Use the VISRETAIN and VISRETAINMODE system variables to get the desired behavior for the xref layer properties in the host drawing. VISRETAIN=0.
How do I get rid of xref override?
Click Home tab Layers panel Layer Properties. In the Layer Properties Manager, right-click the property override that you want to remove. Property overrides are in columns labeled VP Freeze, VP Color, and so on. Click Remove Viewport Overrides For [ property name ] In Current Viewport Only.
What is an xref override in AutoCAD?
Legacy Drawings and Xref Layer Property Overrides Settings
This behavior ensures that anytime you open a drawing that is authored in an earlier version of AutoCAD 2018.1, it maintains the visual fidelity between AutoCAD 2018.1 and previous AutoCAD releases and there is no change in behavior.
How do I reset a viewport in AutoCAD?
To Restore a Saved Viewport Arrangement in Model Space
- Click View tab Model Viewports panel Named. Find.
- In the Viewports dialog box, Named Viewports tab, choose a configuration to restore.
How do you edit a viewport?
To edit a design layer displayed in a viewport:
- Select the viewport.
- Select Modify > Edit Viewport. …
- Click Design Layer and select the design layer to edit from the list.
- Choose how the design layer will display. …
- If the viewport has been cropped, select Add Reference Crop Object to display the crop on the design layer.
How do you unlock a viewport?
Follow these steps to set up the viewport:
- Verify that you’re in paper space. (Check the UCS icon or move the crosshairs.)
- Select the boundary of the viewport whose arrangement you want to protect. …
- Click the Lock/Unlock Viewport button to lock the viewport scale.
How do you adjust a viewport?
Using the Properties palette . . .
- Select the layout viewport that you want to modify.
- Right-click, and then choose Properties.
- If necessary, click Display Locked and choose No.
- In the Properties palette, select Standard Scale, and then select a new scale from the list. The scale you choose is applied to the viewport.
How do I freeze a layer in viewport only?
To Freeze or Thaw Layers in the Current Layout Viewport
- Double-click within a layout viewport to make it current.
- Click Home tab Layer panel Layer Properties.
- In the Layer Properties Manager, select the layers to freeze or thaw.
- Click the icon in the VP Freeze column for the selected layers.
What is a viewport layer?
Layout viewports are objects that display views of model space. You create, scale, and place them in paper space on a layout. On each layout, you can create one or more layout viewports. Each layout viewport is like a closed circuit TV monitor of a view of the model at a scale and orientation that you specify.