Under the View tab on the Ribbon move to the Model Viewports panel as shown above. Click the dropdown for Viewport Configurations as shown above. You will have several different pre-configured options to select from as shown. Select your desired view to split your views in model space.
How do I view multiple views in AutoCAD?
To Create Multiple Drawing Views (AutoCAD Mechanical Toolset)
- In the Browser, choose the Drawing tab. …
- Double-click a Layout to make it the active layout.
- Right-click the Layout icon, and then choose New View.
- In the Create Drawing View dialog box, …
- Select the location of the projected view.
- Continue placing as many views as desired.
- Press ENTER to exit the command.
How do I view side by side in AutoCAD?
Open a second instance of AutoCAD.
When double-clicking a DWG file in Windows, the drawing opens in AutoCAD. Then, launch a second instance of AutoCAD from the Start menu or desktop shortcut and use the OPEN command to open a second drawing. This will allow to position the two AutoCAD instances side by side.
How do I view a viewport in AutoCAD?
Go to the layout tab that contains the problem viewport. From the Properties palette, select the Quick Select button on the top right. On the Quick Select dialog box, set the Object type to Viewport and click OK.
How do I view layouts in AutoCAD?
Open the Options window by typing OPTIONS on the command line or clicking the Options button under the AutoCAD application menu at the top-left, click the Display tab, and then under the Layout elements section, enable the checkbox “Display Layout and Model tabs” and then click OK.
How do I view all open files in AutoCAD?
On the command line in AutoCAD, use the FILETAB command to turn on the file tabs and the FILETABCLOSE command to turn them off. Keep in mind also that CTRL-TAB will cycle through your open drawings.
How do I switch between drawings in AutoCAD?
Double-click a drawing thumbnail to switch to the corresponding drawing file, or right-click a drawing thumbnail to display a list of available options. Double-click a layout thumbnail to switch to the corresponding layout and drawing file, or right-click a layout thumbnail to display a list of available options.
How do I combine multiple DWG files?
Solution: To combine multiple drawings in AutoCAD, use the command XREF to insert a reference to the original drawing or use INSERT command to work on the original data without a reference. INSERT: Inserts a block or drawing into the current drawing.
What is the process to draw a line more than one time and save it automatically?
– When a new line needs to be drawn the process opens up another file in a new session to write the file. – AutoCAD allows saving multiple drawings to be saved for each session and it can be used to create the application. – The files are saved by using the file extension as .
What is layout viewport in AutoCAD?
Layout viewports are objects that display views of model space. You create, scale, and place them in paper space on a layout. On each layout, you can create one or more layout viewports. Each layout viewport is like a closed circuit TV monitor of a view of the model at a scale and orientation that you specify.
How do I add a viewport in AutoCAD 2020?
To Create a New Layout Viewport
- If necessary, click a layout tab.
- Set the current layer to a layer that’s reserved for layout viewports (recommended). …
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Insert View.
- Do one of the following: …
- Right click to display a list of scales and click one of them.
- Click to place the layout viewport on the layout.
How do you hide a viewport in AutoCAD?
- Switch to the layout that contains the viewport border that you do not want plotted.
- On the Object Properties toolbar, click the Layers toolbar button.
- In the Layers dialog box, click New.
- Name the new layer.
- Click the Freeze Layer icon for the new layer. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
What is AutoCAD layout?
A layout is a 2D working environment for creating drawing sheets. The area within a layout is called paper space, where you can add a title block, display scaled views of model space within layout viewports, and create tables, schedules, notes, and dimensions for your drawing.
What is AutoCAD scale?
Scale Factor. Multiplies the dimensions of the selected objects by the specified scale. A scale factor greater than 1 enlarges the objects. A scale factor between 0 and 1 shrinks the objects. You can also drag the cursor to make the object larger or smaller.
How do I scale a layout in AutoCAD?
Using the Properties palette . . .
- Select the layout viewport that you want to modify.
- Right-click, and then choose Properties.
- If necessary, click Display Locked and choose No.
- In the Properties palette, select Standard Scale, and then select a new scale from the list. The scale you choose is applied to the viewport.