Select the viewport that you want to rotate. In the drawing area, right-click and choose Rotate. Note: You can also click the viewport’s center square grip, right-click and choose Rotate. Follow the prompts to enter the base point to rotate the view around and the rotation angle.
Where is make group in SketchUp?
Choose Edit→Make Group. You can also right-click and choose Make Group from the context menu that pops up.
How do I make two groups in one in SketchUp?
Re: How to join to groups
- Select the 2 groups [Note that you use Select+Ctrl to add to a Selection if they are difficult to select together] Then right-click context-menu ‘Group’. …
- If pre-Exploding the 2 Groups won’t clash with other geometry Select the 2 groups and Explode. …
- Select one group and Edit it.
How do you add something to a group?
To add an object to a group:
- Click (regular left-click) the group of 3.
- Hold the shift key down while clicking the 4th object. By holding shift down you’re telling the computer you want all objects to be active (or selected).
- Release the mouse, and on the keyboard press Ctrl+G.
Can you group layers in SketchUp?
It is available on the Sketchucation site. In SketchUp, layers do not provide separation between edges and faces. You can only provide separation by using components or groups. Moving your geometry to other layers will just create problems.
What is the difference between group and component in SketchUp?
By definition, a Group is a single instance of a collection of geometry. A Component is a named collection of geometry that can exist at multiple locations within the model. Each instance is a repetition of all others. A change to one instance changes all other instances.
What happens when you triple-click a face in SketchUp?
When you double-click a face, you select that face and all the edges that define it. Double-clicking an edge gives you that edge plus all the faces that are connected to it. When you triple-click an edge or a face, you select the whole conglomeration that it’s a part of.
How do I manage groups in SketchUp?
- With the Select tool ( ), select all the entities you want to include in your group.
- Select Edit > Group from the menu bar. Or context-click the selection and choose Group from the menu that appears. Everything in the selection becomes grouped within a bounding box.
What are the 3 basic navigation tools?
Chuck Hawley explains how to use some basic traditional chart navigation tools. Circular parallel rules, parallel rules, rolling plotters, dividers, sextants, and star charts are discussed to help you understand their function in plotting a course for your next offshore boating trip.
What does make unique mean in SketchUp?
By making the instance unique, you’re basically creating a new component based on your original. Open the context for the unique component. To open the context, you can double-click the component. Or select it, context-click the selection, and choose Edit Component.