How do you add dimensions in Revit 2020?
On the Annotate tab, select the Aligned dimension tool. On the Options Bar, the placement settings specify which part of the walls you want to dimension from and to – in this case, Wall faces. When the cursor is moved over a wall face, it is highlighted, and you click to select it.
How do I create a dimension in Revit?
On the Options Bar: Click Annotate tab Dimension panel (Aligned). For Pick, select Entire Walls. Click Options.
- Click the inset north exterior wall.
- Click the east and west walls.
- Move the cursor above the building, and click to place the dimension.
What is the Revit family file format?
The Revit Family File is stored in the RFA format and is affixed with the RFA extension, and is used by Revit. These RFA files are generally classified as data files that contain one or more 3D models that can be imported into a three dimensional scene and were created and saved using the Revit Family Editor.
How do I change dimension values in Revit?
Change a Dimension Value
- Select an element that the dimension references.
- Click the dimension value. If the dimension is locked, the lock control appears next to it. …
- In the edit box, type a new value for the dimension, and press Enter . The element moves to satisfy the new dimension requirement.
Can you convert Revit to AutoCAD?
Just in case you need to convert a 3D Revit model to 3D AutoCAD, here ya go. It is very simple but remember to click one button to make sure you work with ACAD solids… With the Revit model open, Click the Application Menu (“Big R”) > “Export” > “CAD Formats” > Select “DWG“.
Can I open a STEP file in Revit?
Import STP file in AutoCAD and save as DWG. Link the DWG in Revit. When you get the updated STP, just re-import to the same DWG and the link in Revit will be updated.