How do you edit a viewport in Autocad?
To Modify Layout Viewport Properties Using the Properties Palette
- Click the border of the layout viewport whose properties you want to modify.
- Click View tab Palettes panel Properties. Find.
- In the Properties palette, select the value for the property you want to modify. Enter a new value or select a new setting from the list provided.
How do you clip in Autocad?
To Clip an Xref
- Select an xref.
- Click External Reference tab > Clipping panel > Create Clipping Boundary.
- If prompted, specify yes to delete any existing boundary.
- Select a polyline or specify a rectangular or polygonal clipping boundary.
How do you unlock a viewport in Autocad?
- In layout view select the boundary of one Viewport.
- Click the customization button at the bottom right of the screen.
- Enable the viewport lock from the drop-up list.
How do you edit a viewport?
To edit a design layer displayed in a viewport:
- Select the viewport.
- Select Modify > Edit Viewport. …
- Click Design Layer and select the design layer to edit from the list.
- Choose how the design layer will display. …
- If the viewport has been cropped, select Add Reference Crop Object to display the crop on the design layer.
What is the use of viewport in AutoCAD?
Layout viewports are objects that display views of model space. You create, scale, and place them in paper space on a layout. On each layout, you can create one or more layout viewports. Each layout viewport is like a closed circuit TV monitor of a view of the model at a scale and orientation that you specify.
What is AutoCAD clipping?
The clipping boundary determines a portion of an image, underlay, viewport, or external reference to hide. The visibility of the clipping boundary is controlled by the FRAME system variable. The list of prompts varies depending on whether you are clipping an underlay, image, external reference, or viewport.
How do you use clip commands?
Overview: The clip command copies all output from a command to the Windows Clipboard. You can then paste the Clipboard contents into to any Windows application, such as into Windows Notepad or Microsoft Word, typically by pressing Ctrl-V (or selecting menu item Edit > Paste) in that program.
Can you trim an xref in AutoCAD?
Select an xref. Click External Reference tab > Clipping panel > Create Clipping Boundary. If prompted, specify yes to delete any existing boundary. Select a polyline or specify a rectangular or polygonal clipping boundary.
How do you unlock a DWG file?
If you need to select or move the file, you can unlock it. Click an empty space on the diagram to deselect anything that may already be selected. Right-click, and then click CAD Drawing Object > Properties. Click to deselect the Lock size and position and Lock against deletion checkboxes.
How do I fix the viewport in AutoCAD?
How to Lock the Viewport in AutoCAD 2014
- Verify that you’re in paper space. (Check the UCS icon or move the crosshairs.)
- Select the boundary of the viewport whose arrangement you want to protect. …
- Click the Lock/Unlock Viewport button to lock the viewport scale.
How do you unlock a command in AutoCAD?
By Selecting an Object
- Click the Model tab.
- Do either of the following: Click Home tab Layers panel Lock. Find. Click Home tab Layers panel Unlock. Find.
- Select an object on the layer that you want to lock or unlock.
How do you make a viewport?
- Click View tab Viewports panel New.
- In the Viewports dialog box, New Viewports tab, under Standard Viewports, select Single.
- Click to specify one corner of the new layout viewport.
- Click to specify the opposite corner. A new layout viewport object is available and displays a default view.
How do I stretch a viewport in AutoCAD?
- Click the frame of the main viewport once to select it.
- Drag the blue squares to resize the viewport.
- Click again to set the new size. …
- To move an adjacent arrows after you resize the viewport, click the arrow once to select it.
How do I change the viewport size?
To Modify the Scale of a Layout Viewport
- Select the layout viewport that you want to modify.
- Right-click, and then choose Properties.
- If necessary, click Display Locked and choose No.
- In the Properties palette, select Standard Scale, and then select a new scale from the list. The scale you choose is applied to the viewport.