How do you create a clipping mask in AutoCAD?
To Mask a Drawing Area
- Click Annotate tab Markup panel Wipeout. Find.
- Specify points in a sequence that defines the perimeter of the area to be masked. You can also enter p and click an existing polyline to use. The polyline must be closed, contain line segments only, and have zero width.
- Press Enter to end the command.
What is clipping boundary in AutoCAD?
The clipping boundary determines a portion of an image, underlay, viewport, or external reference to hide. The visibility of the clipping boundary is controlled by the FRAME system variable. The list of prompts varies depending on whether you are clipping an underlay, image, external reference, or viewport.
How do I hide xref clipping boundaries?
Delete. Removes a clipping boundary for the selected xref or block. To temporarily turn off a clipping boundary, use the Off option.
Can you clip a block in AutoCAD?
To clip a block, start the XCLIP command by entering it at the command line or selecting Xref from the Modify menu > Clip. Select the block and follow the prompts to create a new boundary that should be used to clip the block.
How do I crop an area in AutoCAD?
- To crop an AutoCAD drawing, first unlock it by doing the following: Right-click the AutoCAD drawing, point to CAD Drawing Object, and then click Properties. …
- Right-click the AutoCAD drawing and click Crop Tool.
- Drag the selection handles. …
- When you’re done, click the Pointer tool .
How do you mask references in Autocad?
- Click Modify menu > Clip > Xref.
- Select an xref.
- At the prompt, specify New Boundary by pressing Enter.
- Select a polyline or specify a rectangular or polygonal clipping boundary. …
- (Optional) Use the Invert Clip option to change the area to be hidden from outside to inside the clipping boundary.
What is the wipeout command in Autocad?
Creates a polygonal area that masks underlying objects with the current background color. The wipeout area is bounded by a frame that you can turn on or off. You can also choose to display the frame on screen and have it hidden for plotting.
How do I hide clipping boundaries in Autocad?
To Show or Hide Image Boundaries
- Click Modify menu Object Image Frame.
- To hide image boundaries, enter 0; to show and plot image boundaries, enter 1; to show image boundaries but not plot them, enter 2.
Can you trim an xref in Autocad?
Select an xref. Click External Reference tab > Clipping panel > Create Clipping Boundary. If prompted, specify yes to delete any existing boundary. Select a polyline or specify a rectangular or polygonal clipping boundary.
How do I delete a clip boundary in Autocad?
To Delete the Boundary of a Clipped Image
- Click Modify menu Clip Image.
- Select the clipped image with the boundary you want to delete.
- Enter d (Delete). The boundary of the clipped image is deleted, and the original boundary of the image is restored.
How do I edit XClip in Autocad?
To Change the Boundary of a Clipped Image
- Click Modify menu Clip Image.
- Select the image to clip by selecting the image boundary.
- Enter n (New Boundary).
- Enter n (No) or y (Yes) to delete the old boundary.
- Enter p (Polygonal) or r (Rectangular), and then draw the new boundary on the image.
How do I get rid of the border around an image in Autocad?
- Type in IMAGEFRAME on the command line, and hit enter.
- When prompted to, type in 0 (if the border should be completely removed), or 2 ( if the border should be displayed, but not printed).