What is a filled region?
The Filled Region tool creates a 2-dimensional, view-specific graphic with a boundary line style and fill pattern within the closed boundary. … Model fill patterns are based on the actual dimensions in the building model. A filled region created for a detail view is part of the Detail Items category.
How do I edit a filled region?
Select the filled region in the drawing area. Click Modify | Detail Items tab Properties panel (Type Properties).
Work with Filled Regions
- Select the filled region in the drawing area. …
- Click to select the shape handle.
- Drag the handles to resize the region.
How do you fill a region?
Create a Filled Region
- Click Annotate tab Detail panel Region drop-down (Filled Region).
- Click Modify | Create Filled Region Boundary tab Line Style panel, and select a boundary line style from the Line Styles drop-down.
- Sketch the region using the sketch tools on the Draw panel.
Why is masking region not working in Revit?
Verify that the Region is at the “Front” of the detail. Select the masking region, and in the Modify|Detail Items tab pick the Bring to Front tool. 2. Verify that Visual Style in the View Control bar is set to Hidden Line.
How do you create a shared parameter in Revit?
Click Manage tab Settings panel (Project Parameters). In the Project Parameters dialog, click Add. In the Parameter Properties dialog, under Parameter Type, select Shared parameter, and click Select. In the Shared Parameters dialog, select the appropriate parameter from the appropriate parameter group, and click OK.
Where are fill patterns in Revit?
Create a Custom Fill Pattern
- Create a custom pattern in a pattern (PAT) file. …
- Click Manage tab Settings panel Additional Settings drop-down (Fill Patterns).
- In the Fill Patterns dialog, under Pattern Type, select Drafting or Model.
- Click (New fill pattern). …
- For Type, select Custom.
- Click Browse.
How do you add a hatch in Revit?
Loading hatch patterns from Autocad into Revit
- Open AutoCAD then draw a rectangle. Create the desired Hatch pattern in the rectangle with the hatch command, then save the drawing.
- Import the drawing into Revit. Explode the drawing.
- The hatch pattern will now appear in the Revit fill patterns list.
How do you shade an area in Revit?
- Open a floor plan view or section view.
- Click Annotate tab Color Fill panel (Legend).
- Click in the drawing area to place the color fill legend.
- In the Choose Space Type and Color Scheme dialog, select the space type and color scheme, and click OK.