How do I add a category in Revit?
Create Family Subcategories
- With the family open, click Manage tab Settings panel (Object Styles).
- On the Model Objects tab of the Object Styles dialog, under Category, select the family category.
- Under Modify Subcategories, click New.
- In the New Subcategory dialog, for Name, enter a new name. …
- Click OK.
How do I open project browser in Revit 2020?
To open the Project Browser, click View tab Windows panel User Interface drop-down Project Browser, or right-click anywhere in the application window and click Browsers Project Browser.
How do you create a new view type in Revit?
Create a View Type
- Open a view for which you want to create a view type, or click the view name in the Project Browser.
- In the Properties palette, click Edit Type.
- In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate.
- Enter a name for the new view type and click OK.
How do you change the floor level in Revit?
- To rename the floor, click the Modify arrow icon in the top-left corner of your screen, then double-click the default level name. Helpful 0 Not Helpful 0.
- You can change the height of the floor by double-clicking the height measurement. Helpful 0 Not Helpful 0.
What is a category in Revit?
Revit Element Hierarchy. Category: A Category controls the organization, visibility, graphical representations, and scheduling options of Families within the Project.
What is the purpose of project Browser Revit?
The Project Browser shows a logical hierarchy for all views, schedules, sheets, groups, and other parts of the current project. As you expand and collapse each branch, lower-level items display.
How do you move a view in project Browser Revit?
To move the Project Browser, drag the browser’s title bar within the Revit window. As you move the cursor, an outline indicates where the browser will move to, and what its shape will be. Release the mouse button to place the browser in the desired location.
How do I manage views in Revit?
You can view or edit view type properties. Use view types to quickly apply certain graphics properties and view templates to new views, or to change graphics properties for existing views. You can create view types for plans, elevations, sections, 3D views, drafting views, legends, and schedules.