How do you make a niche in Revit?
Use Cut Geometry to embed one wall within the other.
- On the warning message, click OK.
- On the Toolbar, select the Cut Geometry option. Select the host wall (in this case, the thicker and longer wall), and then select the shorter wall.
- Edit the profile of the thinner wall to create the niche shape that you want.
How do you make a void curtain wall in Revit?
Create a void through the solid geometry. Create another solid geometry shape and join it to the existing geometry. Click Modify tab Geometry panel Cut drop-down (Cut Geometry) and select the void you created. Notice the cursor changes shape.
Where is the cut geometry tool in Revit?
Click Modify tab Geometry panel Cut drop-down (Cut Geometry). Select the object to be cut. Select the instance with which to cut.
How much does it cost to build a wall niche?
What’s the cost to install a wall niche? The contractor cost to install a wall niche is $411 compared with doing it yourself for $225 and saving 45 percent.
How do I make a void model in Revit?
Create negative geometry (voids) to cut solid geometry with the Create Void tool.
- On the Create tab Draw panel, select one of the drawing tools.
- Click in the drawing area, and draw a closed loop that intersects solid geometry.
- Select the closed loop.
- Click Modify | Lines tab Form panel Create Form drop-down (Void Form).
How do you make a void family in Revit?
Create a Void Family with an Elliptic Profile
- Create a new family using the Metric Generic Model face based. …
- Select the 3D Front view.
- Click Create tab Datum panel (Reference Plane).
- Place a new horizontal reference plane in the middle of the slab extrusion:
- Select the new reference plane.
- In the Properties palette: