How do I create a section in Revit?
Procedure to create a new section:
- Open a plan, section, elevation, or detail view.
- Click View tab -> Create panel -> Section.
- Click Section tab -> Element panel, and from the Type Selector select Detail, Building Section, or Wall Section.
- On the Options Bar, select the view scale.
How do I add wall details in Revit?
The process of creating a structural wall is similar.
- Open a floor plan view or a 3D view.
- Click Architecture tab Build panel Wall drop-down (Wall: Architectural).
- If you want to place a wall type other than the one displayed in the Type Selector, select a different type from the drop-down.
What is plate height in architecture?
“Building plate height” means the vertical distance measured from the average level of the highest and lowest point of that portion of the lot covered by the building to the plate line of the exterior walls which is the horizontal plane where the exterior walls meet the roof rafters or trusses.
How do you show wall layers in Revit?
How to display only core wall boundary or the structural part of the wall in Revit
- On the View menu, under Graphics click Visibility/Graphics or type vg.
- In the Visibility/Graphic Overrides dialog box, select the Model Categories tab.
- Under Override Host Layers, select the Cut Line Styles option.
- Click Edit.
How do you name a section in Revit?
Click Open to load the families. Click Manage tab Settings panel Additional Settings drop-down (Section Tags). In the Type Properties dialog, click Duplicate. Enter a name for the new section head, and click OK.
How do I add details in Revit?
Insert a Detail Component
- Click Annotate tab Detail panel Component drop-down (Detail Component).
- From the Type Selector, select the appropriate detail component to place.
- Press SPACEBAR to rotate the detail component through its different snap points to other elements.
- Place the detail component in the detail view.