Click Modify tab Create panel (Create Parts). In the drawing area, select the elements from which you want to create parts. Only elements that are eligible for part creation will be selectable when the tool is active; ineligible elements display in half-tone. Press Enter or the Spacebar to complete the action.
What is parts in Revit?
Part elements in Revit support the construction modeling process by letting you divide certain elements from the design intent model into discrete parts. … Parts can be used by construction modelers to plan delivery and installation of pieces of more complex Revit elements.
Can parts be created from a linked Revit model?
You can create a part from an element that you select in the drawing area, either in the current project or in a linked model. In the case of elements with layers or subcomponents, such as walls, individual parts will be created for those layers.
How do you combine parts in Revit?
Click Modify | Division Part panel (Edit Merged). Select the merged part. Click Modify | Merged Part tab Merged Parts panel (Add) or (Remove), and then select the parts to be added or removed. When finished adding or removing parts, click (Finish Edit Mode).
How do you split a slab in Revit?
Split a Roof or Structural Floor
- Select the floor to modify.
- Click Modify | Floors tab Shape Editing panel Add Split Line.
- Select a vertex, edge, face or point anywhere on the structural floor to start the split line. …
- Select another vertex, edge, face or point anywhere on the floor to end the split line.
How do you split a wall in Revit?
Split Walls Horizontally
- Click Modify tab Modify panel (Split Element).
- Place the cursor on the wall or line at the point you wish to split. Note: A stacked wall can only be split vertically. …
- Click to place the split. A permanent horizontal line displays on the wall indicating the split.
How do you undo a component in Revit?
Move the cursor over the part to highlight it, then click to select it. Click Modify | Parts tab Exclude panel (Restore Parts), or click the control (Restore excluded part) that displays next to the selected part in the drawing area.
Can you model in Revit?
When creating a model, you can choose to use a template or default settings as a starting point. On the Home page, under Models, click New. As an alternative, from the ribbon, click File tab New (Project).
Can you model in place in Revit LT?
The Model In-Place option not available in Revit LT versions.