How do you cut corners in SketchUp?
Try the following exactly as written.
- Get the Rectangle Tool.
- Draw a rectangle on the ground plane.
- Get the 2-Point Arc Tool.
- Click on one edge just a little way from the corner (maybe 1/4 of the way along toward the opposite edge).
- Move the cursor to the neighboring edge and move it along until the arc turns magenta.
How do you measure and cut a 45 degree angle on trim?
Measure Left Side of Door
To measure the left side of the door, measure up from the finished floor on the left side of the door opening to 1/4 inch past the top of the door frame. Note this measurement on a piece of paper and label it. This measurement will be the short end of the 45-degree miter cut for this piece.
How do you measure a 45 degree angle with a tape measure?
How to Figure Out a 45-Degree Angle
- Mark a piece of paper (or whatever surface you are working on) with a right angle. …
- Measure off a distance (the length is unimportant) from the point of the angle, and mark it on one leg of the angle.
- Measure and mark the identical distance on the other leg.