How do you cut a plane in AutoCAD?
To Create a Section Line (AutoCAD Mechanical Toolset)
- Click Home tab Detail panel Section Line. …
- Select a starting point for the section line .
- Select the next point or points for the section line and press ENTER.
- Enter a letter to reference the section line at the starting point.
- Press ENTER.
- Move the cursor to select the side of the cutting plane.
How do I create a cut line in AutoCAD?
- On the Annotation tool palette, click the Cut Line Tool.
- In the drawing area, specify the point where you want the cut line to begin.
- Specify the point where you want the cut line to end.
- Specify the extents of the break.
What does a cutting plane line indicate?
Cutting plane lines are thick lines that run through the center of the object that the interior wants to provide an interior view of. Two perpendicular lines with arrows showing in which direction the interior of the object should be viewed are drawn at the end of the line.
How do I make lines on the same plane in AutoCAD?
Use the CHANGE command:
- Type in the CHANGE command.
- Type ALL to select all objects and then Enter.
- Type P for Properties.
- Type E for Elevation.
- Type 0 and then a final Enter to end the command.
How do you cut a plane line?
CUTTING PLANE LINES are used to indicate a plane or planes in which a sectional view is taken. Section views are used to give a clearer view of the interior or hidden feature of an object that normally cannot be clearly observed in conventional outside views.
How do I cut two lines in AutoCAD?
- Select the linework, object, or block to trim.
- Click Home tab Modify panel Trim Extend drop-down AEC Trim.
- Specify two points to establish the trim line. …
- Click the side of the trim line where the region you want to remove is located.
How do you divide a line into a segment in AutoCAD?
Select Divide tool from expanded Draw panel of Home tab, you can also use its command equivalent DIVIDE. Click on the spline and enter the number of segments in which you want to divide the spline, I will select 6 segments for our case. Press enter to exit the command.
How do I cut a line in AutoCAD 2018?
- Click Home tab Modify panel Trim. Find.
- Select the objects to serve as cutting edges. Press Enter when you finish selecting the cutting edges. …
- Select the objects to trim and press Enter a second time when you finish selecting the objects to trim.
What is phantom line?
Phantom lines are long-short-short-long lines most often used to show the travel or movement of an object or a part in alternate positions. It can also be used to show adjacent objects or features.
What is a short break line?
Short break lines are thick, wavy solid lines that are drawn freehand. When either of these break lines is used to shorten an object, you can assume that the section removed from the part is identical to the portions shown on either side of the break.
What is a cutting line?
Cutting in line, also known as line/queue jumping, butting, barging, budging, skipping, breaking, ditching, shorting, pushing in, or cutsies, is the act of entering a queue or line at any position other than the end.
How do I go back from 3d to 2d in AutoCAD?
To Switch between the 3D and 2D graphics display, click View menu > Visual Styles > 2D Wireframe or 3D Wireframe.
How do I change from 3d to 2d in AutoCAD?
To Convert 3D Polylines to 2D
- Click Modify tab Design panel Convert 3D To 2D Polylines Find.
- Select the polyline(s) to convert. Press Enter.
What is flatten in AutoCAD?
FLATTEN results in 2D objects that retain their original layers, linetypes, colors and object types where possible. You can use FLATTEN to create a 2D drawing from a 3D model, or you can use it to force the thickness and elevations of selected objects to 0.