In order to temporarily hide an Xref from the drawing, select Unload from the contextual menu of the External References palette. To make it visible again, select Reload. To delete an Xref completely from your drawing, select Detach from the contextual menu of the External References palette.
How do you exit an xref edit in AutoCAD?
Click the Refclose and Save button ( ) to save the changes back to the Xref source drawing or the block definition in the current drawing. Click the Refclose and discard button ( ) to stop the refedit session without saving.
How do I get rid of xref scales in AutoCAD?
Re: Xref Plot Scale List removal. If you simply want to restore the standard scales, then type -SCALELISTEDIT at the command prompt (notice the minus sign in front). Follow the prompts at the command line to reset the scale list. This will remove all scales & install the standard AutoCAD scales.
How do you get rid of xref borders in AutoCAD?
Delete. Removes a clipping boundary for the selected xref or block. To temporarily turn off a clipping boundary, use the Off option. Delete erases the clipping boundary and the clipdepth.
Can you edit an xref without changing the original?
An attached Xref remains independent of the currently open drawing; to modify an Xref, you can directly open an attached drawing and make changes in it. Once you are done with the changes, save your drawing.
How do you fix an xref in Autocad?
- Click View tab Palettes panel External References Palette. Find.
- In the External References palette, select a DWG reference name.
- Under Saved Path, do one of the following: Edit the xref path directly. …
- Click OK. The program reloads the xref and then regenerates the drawing with the xref in place.
How do you delete a scale list in Autocad?
Then click the three dots to the right of this box. This will pop up the Annotation Object Scale dialog box, where you can select Scales in the box on the left, and delete them with the delete button on the right.
How do I remove a border in AutoCAD?
To Show or Hide Image Boundaries
- Click Modify menu Object Image Frame.
- To hide image boundaries, enter 0; to show and plot image boundaries, enter 1; to show image boundaries but not plot them, enter 2.
How do I turn off the viewport border in AutoCAD?
Use the following procedure to use the Off option of the MVIEW command to turn off paper space/Layout viewports:
- From Layout, enter mview on the command line.
- At the prompt, enter off.
- Select the viewport to turn off and press ENTER.
How do I remove a border from a PDF in AutoCAD?
Do the following:
- To hide frames, set the PDFFRAME system variable to 0. With this setting, the PDF underlay frame is hidden. …
- To display and plot frames, set the PDFFRAME system variable to 1. …
- To display frames without plot, set the PDFFRAME system variable to 2.
Can you edit xref in Autocad?
The XOPEN command provides a quick way to open an xref-ed drawing for editing. You just start the command and pick any object in the xref. Alternatively, you can select the xref from the External References palette and then right-click and choose Open to open one or more xrefs for editing.
Can you explode an external reference in Autocad?
An external reference is a separate drawing file and can’t be exploded. If you right click on it and select the OPEN XREF option you can open that drawing to edit it. Or you can right click and select the BIND and INSERT OPTION to insert that drawing into the current drawing. After that you can explode it.